By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 was an average game GET OVER IT!!!

GribbleGrunger said:

Great game. Looking forward to the sequel, as are thousands and thousands of other The Order fans. Get over it.

Played at a friends house (Xbox only for me) and well it was ok. Graphics where a 10/10. But other than that its meh. To many QTE's and unskippable cutscenes and not enough gameplay. After around an hour or so it began to get boring. I'd give it a 6.5/10. I never overhype games, and usually it helps! Anyway average game at best other than the graphics, and yeah.

Around the Network

Well part of that is your opinion. You can't state it's a mediocre game as fact, when many would disag/agree with your opinion.

This is a gaming site, and the order is a game, so anyy thread made about this game is warranted. The Order is the most polarising game in yrs.

vivster said:
Stop creating averages of things that are incomparable.

The Order is a great looking game with mediocre gameplay and awful story. Depending on what you put most emphasis on it's either a great game or a shitty game.

Pretty much this.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Dadrik said:
eva01beserk said:

I blame heavy rain, beyond 2 souls and all the garbage that comes from telltale games for others venturing into things that are clearly not games. Call it an interactive comic if you will and put it o consoles and pc, but for the love of god, its not a game, the is no gameplay, you are just watching clips.

Although the order has a lot of cutscens its not so bad as the others.

"garbage"

Yup. Blame some dev studios for trying things, it's definitely the smartest thing to do.

I blame them for calling them games, not tto try new things. Like I said, if they would call this a interactive comic then great, they would be great ones and deserve great ratings, but they are not games, cuz they have no gameplay. If they want to be called games they they deerve scores of 2-3/10 for the lack of the most importan thing in a game, The actual gameplay. So yea "garbage".

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Dadrik said:

"garbage"

Yup. Blame some dev studios for trying things, it's definitely the smartest thing to do.

I blame them for calling them games, not tto try new things. Like I said, if they would call this a interactive comic then great, they would be great ones and deserve great ratings, but they are not games, cuz they have no gameplay. If they want to be called games they they deerve scores of 2-3/10 for the lack of the most importan thing in a game, The actual gameplay. So yea "garbage".

I think its more their snotty attitude versus them calling it a game.

I mean we don't get upset when people call games like Myst, games.  But just like the Order 1886, they got so insanely upset by some peoples opinions about their games that it makes you hate that type of game then.  

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

They shouldn't have to give their games a different denomination just because you have a different definition of what a game is. Just because the gameplay isn't "jump over that obstacle" or "shoot all those enemies" doesn't mean it's not gameplay. You kinda got me wondering how your definition of what a game is actually works. Let's play a game (or whatever you want to call it) - I'll list a few "games" and you tell me wether they're games or not by your standard:

- Heavy Rain

- Ace Attorney

- The Walking Dead

- Danganronpa

- Prof. Layton

- Monkey Island

- Virtue's Last Reward

- Bejeweled

and to make it more interesting:

- Chess

- Snakes and Ladders / Chutes and Ladders

- Klondike / Solitaire

- Poker

- Sudoku

I completely agree that it's just an average game. I give it roughly a 7/10 rating after beating it. There are a lot of typical cliche's in the story that were completely predictable from the get go. I was typing to a friend on FB as I was playing and predicting what was gonna happen before it did and then the exact thing I said,did happen lol

The game starts out very slow and pretty boring. However from mid point of the game,all the way through from there to the ending,the game picked itself up and redeemed itself imo. If the entire game wouldve been like the mid way point till the end of the game,then it prob wouldve been an above average game.

So yeah, I think this game is an average game,which isnt a bad thing, but it just wasnt anything amazing or great. There are glimpses of the game wanting to be great,but it ultimately fail short due to pacing and the way the first half of the game was laid out.

I'd look forward to a sequel because the issues that were present in this game are easily fixable if they want to fix them. There's no reason why the next game,its sequel, shouldnt be a 8/10 or 9/10 game

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

vivster said:
Stop creating averages of things that are incomparable.

The Order is a great looking game with mediocre gameplay and awful story. Depending on what you put most emphasis on it's either a great game or a shitty game.

Its story is good gameplay good and is the best cinematic game you can find, ony fault is its type of game is not to certain peoples liking.  

DeduS said:
eva01beserk said:

They shouldn't have to give their games a different denomination just because you have a different definition of what a game is. Just because the gameplay isn't "jump over that obstacle" or "shoot all those enemies" doesn't mean it's not gameplay. You kinda got me wondering how your definition of what a game is actually works. Let's play a game (or whatever you want to call it) - I'll list a few "games" and you tell me wether they're games or not by your standard:

- Heavy Rain  Dont know this game, but I heard its very cinematic but has gameplay, if so, then game

- Ace Attorney Game

- The Walking Dead  interactive comic

- Danganronpa  Thats the one where its all quicktime events, thats also gameplay 

- Prof. Layton  Not sure about this, I heard its a puzzle game, if it is then its a game.

- Monkey Island    Never heard of it

- Virtue's Last Reward  Never Heard of it

- Bejeweled  Sounds like a candycrush game, so yes, game

and to make it more interesting:

- Chess   Great game

- Snakes and Ladders / Chutes and Ladders   Great game

- Klondike / Solitaire   Great Game

- Poker   Game that people should not play, Have friends who lost everything to it

- Sudoku  Great game

"I" Have a diferent opinion of what a game is? Thats like saying toffu is meat, it can be the best toffu in the world and delicious in its own right, but it will never be meat.

Its like saying the music player on a console plays games cuz you have some slight input on a console by a controler and the result gives you a song you unlocked, NO.

You dont watch games, you play them. Interaction should be more then  a multyple choice question then watch a cutscene. Like I already said, its a great novel that walking dead one, love it, but I will not call it a game and will not pay for something I dont need to interact with, watched a few episodes on youtube and got the same experience. You think watching smash bros on youtube would have satisfied my need to play it?

I answered your game as best as I could, hope you are satisfied with the answers and it helps you in future decicions on your own of the way I see the world and you wont need to ask me again.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

"I" Have a diferent opinion of what a game is? Thats like saying toffu is meat, it can be the best toffu in the world and delicious in its own right, but it will never be meat.

Its like saying the music player on a console plays games cuz you have some slight input on a console by a controler and the result gives you a song you unlocked, NO.

You dont watch games, you play them. Interaction should be more then  a multyple choice question then watch a cutscene. Like I already said, its a great novel that walking dead one, love it, but I will not call it a game and will not pay for something I dont need to interact with, watched a few episodes on youtube and got the same experience. You think watching smash bros on youtube would have satisfied my need to play it?

I answered your game as best as I could, hope you are satisfied with the answers and it helps you in future decicions on your own of the way I see the world and you wont need to ask me again.

I watched a full playthrough of The Order on Youtube and I have to take my hat off to RAD. They really convinced me it was gameplay, even down to the player making silly mistakes and dying. That's damned crafty if you ask me.

The PS5 Exists.