By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order 1886 was an average game GET OVER IT!!!

I wanna talk about the order some more, since people already stopped talking bout evolve $123 dlc fiasco and I really wanted to keep talking about that, so I need something to go on forums and complain about.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Even the user score on metacritic dont do this game justice. Save your money for Bloodborne and The Witcher. The Order is only worth $8.86

Qwark said:

So why do people adore Uncharted 3 and hate the order they are not that much apart if you ask me. A thrilling entertaining ride, you know what you're gonna get. But just like Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, Infamous (and actually most Sony exclusives) I enjoyed it. 

the gameplay of uncharted is much more varied though ( i'd even go as far as saying its more varied than most adventure games ) you can climb, shimmy across stuff, swing off vines, roll evasively, etc etc etc

also uncharted 2 and 3 had the great multiplayer modes both coop and competitive ( personally for me the best multiplayer modes of any game i've ever played, that's why i adore them )

i'd definitely state though that uc3's campaign was a step back from uc2's

the thing about the order is if it had some other redeeming quality like coop ( since you appear to travel with a crew seems like it would've been natural ) or some other multiplayer type, i don't think it would be criticised so harshly ( well sure there are people that criticise games for having multiplayer but to me its a nonsensical criticism )

keroncoward said:
Even the user score on metacritic dont do this game justice. Save your money for Bloodborne and The Witcher. The Order is only worth $8.86

You like Bloodborne and The Witcher so you have a good taste in all game genres and how much customers should precieve their value.

.- -... -.-. -..

The people defending it are just bad as the people lambasting it at this point.

Meanwhile everyone else with taste is clearly playing Xenoverse :^)

Around the Network
PieToast said:
keroncoward said:

You like Bloodborne and The Witcher so you have a good taste in all game genres and how much customers should precieve their value.

Also, all the others aren't real gamers because they enjoyed something different, a cinematic experience, and thus not a game worth anything

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Burek said:
vivster said:
Stop creating averages of things that are incomparable.

The Order is a great looking game with mediocre gameplay and awful story. Depending on what you put most emphasis on it's either a great game or a shitty game.

This. 

Graphics are the only thing that is worth the price of admission. If you like that aspect, great. Anyone who likes games for anything other than graphics should steer clear of The Order. 

You know if graphics and story is what you're looking for in a videogame, I don't really see a point in owning it tbh.  But hey to each his own.  I plan on watching the game on Youtube through a non-speaking Let's Play, so I have to wait a while or wait until someone uploads a 'movie' of it and watch it like I did the Uncharted series.

I rather enjoy adventure stuff, but if the gameplay doesn't grab me, I can't sit bear to sit through the gameplay for the story and graphics, and I ended up watching every Uncharted and enjoyed it that way.

This thread doesn't make much sense. It kind if goes against itself in saying too many threads are make about this game and it's actually a thread about this game. Furthermore, most people who have played The Order call it an average game and I've seen 7s as the preferred score. So the OP isn't saying anything that's not already been said.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Dadrik said:
PieToast said:

Also, all the others aren't real gamers because they enjoyed something different, a cinematic experience, and thus not a game worth anything

I blame heavy rain, beyond 2 souls and all the garbage that comes from telltale games for others venturing into things that are clearly not games. Call it an interactive comic if you will and put it o consoles and pc, but for the love of god, its not a game, the is no gameplay, you are just watching clips.

Although the order has a lot of cutscens its not so bad as the others.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

TheSpindler said:
Burek said:

This. 

Graphics are the only thing that is worth the price of admission. If you like that aspect, great. Anyone who likes games for anything other than graphics should steer clear of The Order. 

You know if graphics and story is what you're looking for in a videogame, I don't really see a point in owning it tbh.  But hey to each his own.  I plan on watching the game on Youtube through a non-speaking Let's Play, so I have to wait a while or wait until someone uploads a 'movie' of it and watch it like I did the Uncharted series.

I rather enjoy adventure stuff, but if the gameplay doesn't grab me, I can't sit bear to sit through the gameplay for the story and graphics, and I ended up watching every Uncharted and enjoyed it that way.

Gameplay is still the most important thing in a game, but some people just love to get into a story. To be immersed in an ambiance, an universe. 

That's what Silent Hill was all about, for example, and they were great games, with average gameplay, but nobody ever minded it.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.