By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Fanboys are the Worst in Gaming

curl-6 said:

They were also the days of "lul da Wii Yu is weeker den a PS3 lolololol" and "Da Wii Yu will be discontinued in 2014!!1one!" 

(Also, devs were lazy, and Mario Kart did boost sales. Not sure why optimism is apparently deserving of trolling)

Those were dark days and a lot of early adopters were frustrated. So many things were wrong back then: the OS, the ports, the droughts, the price. Despite those problems fans defended the system and made way too many excuses for Nintendo. Being optimistic is one thing but making excuses for every shortcoming is something else entirely.

I don't believe the devs were lazy and Mario kart came out well over 8 months after this video was posted. I don't know what others were playing during that period because I got fed up and fell back to PC gaming. Again given the goings on at the time, I understand his frustration.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I totally agree, i'm a Nintendo fanboy and you're a fuckin arsehole

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

mii-gamer said:
Redgrave said:

Did you watch the videos, or even read the OP? I made a thread about this guy's videos to see what people thought about them and his opinions. Then you show up, like a school teacher, warning me. You're the hostile ponce that guy's on about. Lighten up.

Dude you've made two threads about stating how terrible "nintendo fans" are.  You have not been here long, so what's the point of bringing a sweeping generalization about a particularly fanbase when it may not be applicable here? Do you see how that might rub people the wrong way? Don't you think that might warrant a hostile response? Your replies and certain statements here certainly suggest a certain vendetta. 

The first few replies this thread got were from people who actually read the OP, and knew it was copied from Youtube, harmless, the rest are idiots jumping to conclusions. And no, the first thread mentioning Nintendo's fans was actually a thread about the Wii U's problem and how unbearable the fans can be.

vivster said:
curl-6 said:

Come on man, don't be a tease, share! :p

Look for yourself, god dammit, it's not that hard with the information you have.

I'm beginning to understand what the OP means about Nintendo fans :P

Oh you ain't seen nothing yet, wait til I show up on your doorstep in a Mario suit to force feed you shrooms and brutalize your pet tortoise. :p

curl-6 said:
vivster said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I'd like to read it too haha. 

Nevermind, found it. Just thought it was a locked thread and I missed it.

Come on man, don't be a tease, share! :p

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198718

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
vivster said:
mii-gamer said:

Dude you've made two threads about stating how terrible "nintendo fans" are.

You don't happen to have a link to the first one?

Yeah I'd like to read it too haha. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198718&page=1

when the mods wake up,will hell come with them to this thread?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

They were also the days of "lul da Wii Yu is weeker den a PS3 lolololol" and "Da Wii Yu will be discontinued in 2014!!1one!" 

(Also, devs were lazy, and Mario Kart did boost sales. Not sure why optimism is apparently deserving of trolling)

Those were dark days and a lot of early adopters were frustrated. So many things were wrong back then: the OS, the ports, the droughts, the price. Despite those problems fans defended the system and made way too many excuses for Nintendo. Being optimistic is one thing but making excuses for every shortcoming is something else entirely.

I don't believe the devs were lazy and Mario kart came out well over 8 months after this video was posted. I don't know what others were playing during that period because I got fed up and fell back to PC gaming. Again given the goings on at the time, I understand his frustration.

I remember, I was frustrated then too, haha. Not as an early adopter, but as someone who wanted to be but saw no motivation to bite. Hence why I didn't buy until 3D World and Ghosts came along. ;)

And while obviously not every dev was lazy, it's hard to deny the shoddy workmanship of ports like Darksiders 2.

Redgrave said:
mii-gamer said:

Dude you've made two threads about stating how terrible "nintendo fans" are.  You have not been here long, so what's the point of bringing a sweeping generalization about a particularly fanbase when it may not be applicable here? Do you see how that might rub people the wrong way? Don't you think that might warrant a hostile response? Your replies and certain statements here certainly suggest a certain vendetta. 

The first few replies this thread got were from people who actually read the OP, and knew it was copied from Youtube, harmless, the rest are idiots jumping to conclusions. And no, the first thread mentioning Nintendo's fans was actually a thread about the Wii U's problem and how unbearable the fans can be.

It's not harmless, it's toxic. And was the "Nintendo circlejerk" quote copied from Youtube? I honestly really curious.

And @bold. That's...exactly...what mii-gamer is talking about. I don't know what you answered "no" to, but I'm pretty sure it should be a yes.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

PwerlvlAmy said:
when the mods wake up,will hell come with them to this thread?

Hope we won't get banned for derailing the thread with offtopic stuff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.