By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Bloodborne be smeared like the Order: 1886? (Opinion piece)

gigantor21 said:
Kerotan said:

Ok so games like Heavy rain should be thrown in the bin because they don't follow the same old same old routine.  

The Order was panned by critics because it DID follow "the same old routine" to them. Review after review went on and on about how it didn't do anything special gameplay-wise that hasn't been seen before and done better by other games.

i've played a lot of shooters to death and it's shooting was unique. it's graphics some of the best ever and the story decent. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
curl-6 said:

Uh, no.

Nintendo's games are praised because they prioritise the criterion that most reviewers judge a game by; the gameplay.

With The Order, RAD and Sony actively pursued a design that ran contrary to the criteria of most reviewers, and as a result, it was panned.

It's as simple as that.

Ok so games like Heavy rain should be thrown in the bin because they don't follow the same old same old routine.  

Heavy Rain wasn't "thrown in the bin", it has an 87 on metacritic.

Burek said:
Aeolus451 said:

Gamers in general will say it's too difficult or not play it but say it's too difficult anyway. 

Well, judging by the developer's reputation, I expect Bloodborne to be difficult. That's why I'm not going anywhere near it. 

I really wish more people would just overcome the difficulty curve in those games. It feels like being on cloud 9 when you progress or conquer anything. 

Aeolus451 said:
Burek said:

Well, judging by the developer's reputation, I expect Bloodborne to be difficult. That's why I'm not going anywhere near it. 

I really wish more people would just overcome the difficulty curve in those games. It feels like being on cloud 9 when you progress or conquer anything. 

I find no satisfaction being on cloud 9 after getting killed a thousand times and repeating the same checkpoint ad nauseum. It's a game, I play it for fun and entertainment after a long day, I don't need additional frustration before I go to sleep.

Rafux said:
Aeolus451 said:
Rafux said:
Bloodborne is a video game made by From Software and from all the gameplay videos, it seems it might be just as good as the first three Soul's games.

The Order is a cinematic TPS that caugt alot of crap since the first gameplay reveal. No smear campaign. It is just a short game with not much replay value. It should of had multiplayer to offset the short story. It was rated poorly because of the hype surrounding the game instead of the game itself.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

I liked Dark Souls 2 but is not as good as Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. The Order is a piece of shit I finished yesterday in 6 hours (friend lend his psn account) 3 of them were "gameplay", too little shooting and the last chapter is just 2 corridors full of guards and then a QTE recycled boss, even the story is boring.

Yeah, I have to agree with ya on the souls games except that I thought Dark souls 2 was alright. I hated that soul memory crap. It's a punishment of sorts to any player who grinds or farms creatures for loot. Hmm, I would consider The order okay as a game. It really needed multiplayer to offset the single player story.

Around the Network
Burek said:

I find no satisfaction being on cloud 9 after getting killed a thousand times and repeating the same checkpoint ad nauseum. It's a game, I play it for fun and entertainment after a long day, I don't need additional frustration before I go to sleep.

Same here. I play games to unwind, not to be annoyed.

Burek said:
Aeolus451 said:

I play them for fun and entertainment after a long day, too. i just don't think of dying as frustrating as you.  I used to when i first starting playing Demon souls but that was because I was used to not dying in any other game. I like a game to challenge me in a way that I learn from my mistakes and get better at playing it. The challenge also makes winning feel a lot more rewarding. I understand that it's not for everyone. To each their own but I still wish more people would choose the path of gamer eurphoria. 

I haven't even gotten past the first sentence of the OP, so I have no idea if anyone else has pointed this out (I'm sure someone has, but I don't care), but...reviews are BY DEFINITION, SUBJECTIVE. An objective review would merely state what the game is, not whether or not it's any good.

Aeolus451 said:

I play them for fun and entertainment after a long day, too. i just don't think of dying as frustrating as you.  I used to when i first starting playing Demon souls but that was because I was used to not dying in any other game. I like a game to challenge me in a way that I learn from my mistakes and get better at playing it. The challenge also makes winning feel a lot more rewarding. I understand that it's not for everyone. To each their own but I still wish more people would choose the path of gamer eurphoria. 

Oh I get plenty of euphoria from games, just not from stressful difficulty. ;)

curl-6 said:

Aeolus451 said:

Oh I get plenty of euphoria from games, just not from stressful difficulty. ;)

I bet the euphoria that I get from the souls games is much greater than what you get from the games that you play. :D How much of 'em have you played, out of curiousity?