By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Bloodborne be smeared like the Order: 1886? (Opinion piece)

Aeolus451 said:
curl-6 said:

Aeolus451 said:

I play them for fun and entertainment after a long day, too. i just don't think of dying as frustrating as you.  I used to when i first starting playing Demon souls but that was because I was used to not dying in any other game. I like a game to challenge me in a way that I learn from my mistakes and get better at playing it. The challenge also makes winning feel a lot more rewarding. I understand that it's not for everyone. To each their own but I still wish more people would choose the path of gamer eurphoria. 

Oh I get plenty of euphoria from games, just not from stressful difficulty. ;)

I bet the euphoria that I get from the souls games is much greater than what you get from the games that you play. :D How much of 'em have you played, out of curiousity?

Only Dark Souls, and unfortunately the frustration completely sucked the fun out of it for me. :(

Around the Network

Smear campaign? Lol, what.

This is the main problem with most people talking about The Order and any Order-related threads. There is always some sort of excuse that people want to jump to in order to try and defend something.

I've seen plenty already, such as this one that I saw for example:
"Oh, it's because the PS4 is selling the best that people want to hate on the game".

There is no bias, or "Smear campaign" or whatever you want to say. It's cool if you like the game, but plenty of reviewers reviewed it for what it was and what they thought of it. Just because you don't like that it got bad reviews doesn't mean you need to try and make up so many excuses for it or try and say that they were all biased against it.

Also to get back on topic if Bloodborne is a successor to the Souls series then people should already know what to expect.

curl-6 said:
Aeolus451 said:

I bet the euphoria that I get from the souls games is much greater than what you get from the games that you play. :D How much of 'em have you played, out of curiousity?

Only Dark Souls, and unfortunately the frustration completely sucked the fun out of it for me. :(

Hmm, was it the difficulty of fighting the creatures/bosses or the learning curve in it that you found frustrating? I'm just figure out the specifics behind your frustration with it.

Aeolus451 said:
curl-6 said:

Hmm, was it the difficulty of fighting the creatures/bosses or the learning curve in it that you found frustrating? I'm just figure out the specifics behind your frustration with it.

It was how easily I could be killed and having to retread ground when I did.

curl-6 said:
Aeolus451 said:

It was how easily I could be killed and having to retread ground when I did.

Yeah, it's unforgiving in that regard. No check points or saves to load. I find that sort of fun. It makes tiptoeing around dangerous areas all the more exliterating but to each their own. It's not for everyone.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah, I have to agree with ya on the souls games except that I thought Dark souls 2 was alright. I hated that soul memory crap. It's a punishment of sorts to any player who grinds or farms creatures for loot. Hmm, I would consider The order okay as a game. It really needed multiplayer to offset the single player story.

theres a ring now to fix that particular feature

From likes to keep tweaking Souls - especially Dark Souls 2 - that's something I like about them, and something I don't see RAD doing with the order

but anyway back on topic (sort of)

The  only downside for me that I can see for Bloodbourne is that I'd only be able to play it for two weeks until they release DS2 - Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 and XB1

DS2 prettied up, switched up, and cranked beyond 11 with all DLC?

count me in,

I'm afraid - for me - Bloodbourne will just have to wait.

As for the Order? Possibly next year. maybe.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

curl-6 said:
Kerotan said:

Ok so games like Heavy rain should be thrown in the bin because they don't follow the same old same old routine.  

Heavy Rain wasn't "thrown in the bin", it has an 87 on metacritic.

By some critics it was just like some critics gave the order a 2/3/4/5 out of 10

Kerotan said:
gigantor21 said:

The Order was panned by critics because it DID follow "the same old routine" to them. Review after review went on and on about how it didn't do anything special gameplay-wise that hasn't been seen before and done better by other games.

i've played a lot of shooters to death and it's shooting was unique. it's graphics some of the best ever and the story decent. 

how was the shooting unique? tha only original thing I remember was the thermite gun everything else was generic

Spankey said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah, I have to agree with ya on the souls games except that I thought Dark souls 2 was alright. I hated that soul memory crap. It's a punishment of sorts to any player who grinds or farms creatures for loot. Hmm, I would consider The order okay as a game. It really needed multiplayer to offset the single player story.

theres a ring now to fix that particular feature

From likes to keep tweaking Souls - especially Dark Souls 2 - that's something I like about them, and something I don't see RAD doing with the order

but anyway back on topic (sort of)

The  only downside for me that I can see for Bloodbourne is that I'd only be able to play it for two weeks until they release DS2 - Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 and XB1

DS2 prettied up, switched up, and cranked beyond 11 with all DLC?

count me in,

I'm afraid - for me - Bloodbourne will just have to wait.

As for the Order? Possibly next year. maybe.

I didn't know that they added in a ring for that. The feature shouldn't of never been there in the first place. I stopped playing before the dlc released once I realized that I had to keep making new characters or avoid killing anything at a certain point. I already beat the game plenty of times. Personally, I'm looking forward to bloodborne and I'll probably pick up DS2 later on again for all the dlc and stuff I didn't see. 

Rafux said:
Kerotan said:

i've played a lot of shooters to death and it's shooting was unique. it's graphics some of the best ever and the story decent. 

how was the shooting unique? tha only original thing I remember was the thermite gun everything else was generic

The guns,  the way the bullets moved through the air,  the in cover shooting,  the cross hair.  I'm an fps veteran and i never thought I'd play such a fresh shooting game ever again.