You wasted your time writ... 69 40.35%

I actually listened. Thank you. 11 6.43%

I hate Nintentacle. 12 7.02%

I love Nintentacle. 11 6.43%

Looks like someone had a bad day. 55 32.16%

Nah, he just is in that b... 13 7.60%

Total:171
Cloudman said:
o: How did this thread about wasting time get this big?

Most people here don't agree with what I said and/or how I said it. So they post what they think about it.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
This whole thread operates under the assumption that there is a purpose to life, which all of my seconds should be devoted to. There's not.

I don't see how anything that makes someone happy is a waste (unless it is at the expense of someone else's happiness).

There is. And, there's psuedo-happiness with things like video games. It's addiction and amusement rather than a way to achieve happiness.

Edit: It also affects the happiness of other people in a negative way, also. All the money spent on video games could be spent on feeding the homeless, donating, etc, and all the time spent on video games could be used to help other's physically and emotionally. Many people here could have saved thousands of hours and dollars (or whatever currency used).

Esiar said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's right but your op is hypocritical and subje ctive but you keep repeating the same line of thought to replies so I figured you should know the definitions of those two important words. What's a waste of time or not is subjective. 

You said:

"Flaming people over different opinions is childish."

and

"I don't flame people for their opinions. I usually criticize their opinions, not the person themselves."

when you said stuff like:

"All of you waste your time."
"Predicting the sales of games we don't even need to play is childish."
"
It's a hobby for foolish people. It's more silly than thinking that a snowball could land in Hell!"

You were insulting/flaming people over their different opinion/way of life than yours. I'm sure I remember something in bible about god hating hypocrites. I forgot which part but I'm sure the punishment for it was worse than hell. I would rethink your methods of spreading the word and what you think a christian really is. I have no problem with anyone trying to spread their religion on here or in RL but I draw the line with the insults. 

-It's human nature to waste time. We all do it at times. The difference is whether someone will accept it, and attempt to stop wasting time.

-It depends on how you define flaming. I define it as saying offensive things, when the only intention, or primary intention, is to offend them. Which I was not and am not doing.

You don't understand what subjective is.

Clyde32 said:

Gonna share?

Aeolus451 said:
Esiar said:

-It's human nature to waste time. We all do it at times. The difference is whether someone will accept it, and attempt to stop wasting time.

-It depends on how you define flaming. I define it as saying offensive things, when the only intention, or primary intention, is to offend them. Which I was not and am not doing.

You don't understand what subjective is.

I kind of disregarded that. It's not subjective, and to say it is is a little self-refuting (If it is all subjective, isn't your opinion that the thungs we are talking about are subjective merely a subjective thing?)

Around the Network
Platina said:
Cloudman said:
o: How did this thread about wasting time get this big?

Because people enjoy wasting time, apparently

Yeah, looks like it. Including me!!! Orz

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Esiar said:

There is. And, there's psuedo-happiness with things like video games. It's addiction and amusement rather than a way to achieve happiness.

Edit: It also affects the happiness of other people in a negative way, also. All the money spent on video games could be spent on feeding the homeless, donating, etc, and all the time spent on video games could be used to help other's physically and emotionally. Many people here could have saved thousands of hours and dollars (or whatever currency used).

42?

Also, I've gotten plenty of happiness out of video games. Playing them and discussing them. Maybe games just aren't for you...

Finally, your last point is terrible. The absence of helping people is not hurting anyone first of all. Second of all, I put my own mental well being pretty high on my priority list. I think I have a pretty eclectic range of hobbies, each of which I have spend a pretty good deal of money on. I play guitar. Is that hurting people because I could have been feeding the homeless? nope. I play drums. Is that hurting people because I could have been batman? Nope. I play video games, listen to music, watch tv, watch movies, watch anime, cook, write etc.. Should I throw myself away to become a slave to the whims of others? No............because that is stupid. Very stupid.

Video games are no more a waste of time and money than any other hobby, and last time I checked, hobbies were quite beneficial to becoming a well rounded individual and me not killing myself.

Cloudman said:

Yeah, looks like it. Including me!!! Orz

Myself included, productivity went down after I joined.... oh well! :P

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

gooch_destroyer said: