By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If a game tops your favorite game, would you admit it?

Aye aye, yeah yeah, 1, 2, 3. Poll on a stroll please pay the toll.

Lol fuck no 17 17.89%

Yeah 71 74.74%

Not if it's Halo 7 7.37%

Total:95

My #1 game tends to change over time, but in the end, it always comes back to that one game that has my heart...

Still waiting for something to top that game, but I think thr only game that could do that for me is a new game in the same series xD

Around the Network

My favorite game changes now and then but it still rare. Yes, I will admit it when it does change regardless of what console it's on. For example, I loved FF tactics and my favorite change from that to Elder Scrolls III Morrowind. I never owned a xbox console of any gen but a friend lent me a xbox with morrowind. Loved the game in spite of it being super glitchy. It's sad that series is still like that but lost a lot of the appeal it once had for me.

Weird question. If its a game that trumps my favorite game then it would become my new favorite game wouldnt it?

Or do you mean what others in general consider tops it? Then no, because most likely it doesnt.

I do admit different people have different tastes though.

Gammalad said:
The fact a game would be able to do that would take a lot. For the longest time my #1 favorite game of all time was Little King's Story, but Persona 4 Golden has since dethroned that title.

Little King Story was a pretty fun Wii game but I am surprised its anyone's favourite. I mean to be fair its certainly good but the Wii had Pikmin, which is basically the God-Father of the 'sort of' genre that Little King Story rocks.

I'd almost understand if 'the passage of time' deal in Pikmin was an issue but I was pretty sure Persona games had a similiar concept?

Ka-pi96 said:

Nice video, but... why is it in Thai?

Because thai people are the ones that favor the most a spanish/asian relationship!

Around the Network

You mean if I think a new game is better than my favorite game and thus becomes my new favorite game ever? Then sure, it would be my opinion, and what would I have to gain by lying to myself? If you mean by critical reception or mainstream acceptance, then no because I only care about my own opinion.

Both aren't going to happen though, ever. Cracking the top 10 is near impossible already, but I doubt my top 3 will ever change. I doubt my top 5 will ever change.

Definitely. I have no shame in saying my favourite games of all time include Journey, Another code, Hotel Dusk, PSO3 C.A.R.D and Quack Shot ... Yes Quack Shot.

GalactoGeist said:

, Another code, Hotel Dusk,

Interesting choices, mate. I love Hotel Dusk.

Why wouldn't I?

Games to me are like any form of entertainment so when I arbitrarily choose something as my favorite I except it to stay there unless something really awesome comes along when it fades from my memory.

.- -... -.-. -..