By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales - Feb 16 - 22 2015

GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:

Halo MCC bundle

PS4 should be on top next week !

Ah, thanks. Yes, the PS4 should see even higher sales next week. I predicted a new weekly average of around 25k until the next spike, although I'm not sure when the next game is coming out after DQ:H that would cause that spike. Any idea what the timetable is for PS4 games in Japan?

After that, there are Yakuza + Resident Evil Revelations 2 for the beginning of march if i remember well.

FF Type 0

Then Disgaea 5 + Bloodborne for the end of march

Hopefully, MGS V will be announced for April or May

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Pretty good opening for God Eater and a nice boost for the Vita. Very close between it and the 3DS, even.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Aerys said:

After that, there are Yakuza + Resident Evil Revelations 2 for the beginning of march if i remember well.

FF Type 0

Then Disgaea 5 + Bloodborne for the end of march

Hopefully, MGS V will be announced for April or May

In that case I'm going to raise my weekly average to around 30k.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wow, great week for the Vita and PS4.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Dr.Vita said:
Materia-Blade said:

Based on?

Hardware and Software sales of home consoles.

It was a retorical question since he was clearly basing on weeks that aren't regular for the consoles.

Around the Network

Expecting over 40k for the ps4 next week. And then over 20k the week after

Kerotan said:
Expecting over 40k for the ps4 next week. And then over 20k the week after

Boooooo. More optimism please ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Materia-Blade said:
justiceiro said:
well, well well, it looks like ps4 will win japan too. And to think that i was expecting wiiu at least dominating there, hahahahahaha ... :(

Based on?

If it was just one week above 20K, i would not say anything, but now its consistently selling better than wiiu since the new year, so its hard to belive that will now sell well  now that there are games for japanese audience coming, like final fantasy and dragon quest. Meanwhile, kirby did noting for the wiiu hardware, so its ahrd to belive taht mario party ou mario vs DK will do. I'm pretty sure that the heavy hitters for wiiu are alreadly out, so i doubt that they will start to sell better than ps4 for now on.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

PS4 doing really well. Numbers should remain healthy for a while given the release schedule

Aerys said:
Pretty good PS4 numbers , it becomes usual
I guess PS4 will be around 40k next week, maybe even more

Again a proof home consoles are far to be dead in Japan

Dead is hyperbole for saying that the situation for consoles in Japan never will be so good like before.

The Ps2 did in its first years more than 3 million a year while PS4 reached 1 million first year and I believe it can sell 2 million for its second year especially with FFXV but hopefully their will be a lot of announcements that will push the sales of PS4 but so far the sales I would consider close to fine but for sure not bad or great...

With games like Resident evil/DQ heroes/Bloodborne/Disgeae/yakuza/final Fantasy Type 0 coming in the near future the sales are for sure interesting.

I really hope nobody thinks at sony 'Well for every PS4 we sell in Japan we sell almost 10-20 times more outside of Japan don't invest to much in Japan'.  Hope sony see the sales and start to invest heavy in Japan.....new ape escape/Fund JRPG's like star ocean/grandia please..