By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 8

Tagged games:

vivster said:
artur-fernand said:

Don't listen to this person, he thinks BLITZBALL IS GOOD, Jesus Christ.

Never bothered with Tetra Master to be honest. And only played Triple Triad because that gives some insane rewards.

I never said Blitzball is good :P

You said it was addictive though... how can that not mean you think it's good? o_O

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
vivster said:

I never said Blitzball is good :P

You said it was addictive though... how can that not mean you think it's good? o_O

Most things which are addictive are not good...

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Mythmaker1 said:
artur-fernand said:

Most things which are addictive are not good...

Except for Tetra Master.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm replaying this, and I rather enjoy the weird nature of powering up. The key is that Card command, as well as all those lovely refine abilities. Not too worried about getting XP and leveling up - if it happens it happens, but it usually doesn't with Carding.

Call me crazy but I love the junction system and the GFs and how they relate to the games world and story.

I laughted at you saying you dont loose on triple triad anymore, wait till you get some very screwed up rules and start loosing to completly worthless junk cards.

Refresh my memory here, what are the events at the end of disc 1 ? I think its the one Im thinking but if I say and it isnt itll spoil it for you.

Also have you played FF X, cause if you havent you should after IX, its anothe one that divides opinions but I also love it.

artur-fernand said:
BraLoD said:

Nailed it!

Well, I'll be looking foward to it.

Don't listen to this person, he thinks BLITZBALL IS GOOD, Jesus Christ.

Never bothered with Tetra Master to be honest. And only played Triple Triad because that gives some insane rewards.

I think Blitzball is good as well... and I prefer Triple Triad over Tetra Master.

Ps: eu não sabia que vc era brasileiro, arruma uma conta da PSN americana e joga Xenogears cara o jogo é bom demais, a história é fenomenal, só que tem dialogo pacas tipos Metal Gear level de diálogos.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:

Call me crazy but I love the junction system and the GFs and how they relate to the games world and story.

I laughted at you saying you dont loose on triple triad anymore, wait till you get some very screwed up rules and start loosing to completly worthless junk cards.

Refresh my memory here, what are the events at the end of disc 1 ? I think its the one Im thinking but if I say and it isnt itll spoil it for you.

Also have you played FF X, cause if you havent you should after IX, its anothe one that divides opinions but I also love it.

You know, maybe that is why FF6, 7 and 8 are held in such high regard sometimes, because the magic system's revolve around the world and visa versa. FF6, you learned magic from summons, FF7 the story revolved around Materia in general and FF8 without GFs you wouldn't have abilities. All very well done and intergrated. Even 9 (summons and trance) and 10 (summons) being keys to the story. 12 and 13, the 2 games people generally don't like didn't have this connection (ignoring 12 was a fantastic game and 13 was just bad for everything but graphics).

I hated Triple Triad when I played a 'random' would get added to rules in a new region, I basically reloaded a save. I've lost good cards to that.

End of Disc 1: You try and kill Edea.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

and 13 was just bad for everything but graphics).

But 13 was a very good game!

The Fury said:
DakonBlackblade said:

You know, maybe that is why FF6, 7 and 8 are held in such high regard sometimes, because the magic system's revolve around the world and visa versa. FF6, you learned magic from summons, FF7 the story revolved around Materia in general and FF8 without GFs you wouldn't have abilities. All very well done and intergrated. Even 9 (summons and trance) and 10 (summons) being keys to the story. 12 and 13, the 2 games people generally don't like didn't have this connection (ignoring 12 was a fantastic game and 13 was just bad for everything but graphics).

I hated Triple Triad when I played a 'random' would get added to rules in a new region, I basically reloaded a save. I've lost good cards to that.

End of Disc 1: You try and kill Eden.

you dont fight eden, you draw him, and i dont think you can fight against ultima weapon on cd 1...

generic-user-1 said:

you dont fight eden, you draw him, and i dont think you can fight against ultima weapon on cd 1...

My mistake,  typo. The 'n' in the last word should be an 'a'.

Hmm, pie.

Wright said:
The Fury said:

and 13 was just bad for everything but graphics).

But 13 was a very good game!

Ye I agree 13 is a good game, its not one of my favorite FFs of all time but I think ppl give a lot of underserved crap to that game mostly because vanilles voice sounds a bit anoying. 13-2 however is one of the best FFs ever made and gets way less praise than it should because ppl were prejudiced against the whole FF 13 thing already.