By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 8

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
BraLoD, you're definitely going to want to defeat Diablo.

I don't know if anybody else has said anything about his abilities, but trust me, he has some of the most useful abilities in the game if not THE most useful.

They're game changers practically.

You mean Diablos? Already got this one xD

I don't know if the abilities show right when you get him, but do you see Half-Enc or No-Enc?  Something that looks like those?

Get those ASAP.  

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:
BraLoD said:

I thought so after reading his comment. So will never show up to me

eh, that's fine. I played through the game many times without using them. The battles are part of the fun of the game, besides all that AP you earn is very useful

I don't want to have no battles, that would be so boring

Actually, as long as you keep in mind to change learned abilities often to the ones that are most useful to you (so you don't waste earned AP after a high AP earning boss battle) you can just keep the encounter rate on Half-Enc.  I usually keep it there throughout the game. 

There are lots of extra tricks (to what some would say, break the game) but in all honesty it's made the game so much more fun when you know how to use them.  Like keeping Squall, Zell or Quistis at low HP and changing their turns constantly to activate their limit break option.  You still have to keep them alive carefully, so I don't see why that should be considered breaking the game.

The tricks can make the game too easy, but I don't see why anyone would consider FF to be a series to get into for a challenge.  It's either because of the story, atmosphere, fun battle system,  freedom or in this case manipulation of the mechanics.

Lube Me Up

DakonBlackblade said:

I think Blitzball is good as well... and I prefer Triple Triad over Tetra Master.

Ps: eu não sabia que vc era brasileiro, arruma uma conta da PSN americana e joga Xenogears cara o jogo é bom demais, a história é fenomenal, só que tem dialogo pacas tipos Metal Gear level de diálogos.

Blitzball is terrible. I had such high expetations for it, could have been a fantastic mini-game... oh well

I'll most likely play Xenogears this year, don't worry.

And Diablos' most useful ability is Mug, imo. And Refine of course.

Also, you missed Siren didn't you? That's a hint I should've give you before, to always see what spells bosses have to be drawn. If it's an unusual name, it's a GF.

Ka-pi96 said:
artur-fernand said:

Blitzball is terrible. I had such high expetations for it, could have been a fantastic mini-game... oh well

:o Blitzball = best mini game of all time! It's good enough to be its own game!

You might as well watch the cutscenes on YouTube considering the second disc plays out like a book. Imo, Xenogears really isn't all that great. 

Oh god no...the best minigame of all time is the cooking contest from Suikoden 2.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
artur-fernand said:

:o Blitzball = best mini game of all time! It's good enough to be its own game!

Don't. There was so much potential... but then they threw in numbers and some sort of rpg elements because, hey, it's a minigame in an rpg isn't it?! Makes sense. I guess.

InnocentSin said:

You might as well watch the cutscenes on YouTube considering the second disc plays out like a book. Imo, Xenogears really isn't all that great. 

Oh god no...the best minigame of all time is the cooking contest from Suikoden 2.

A friend of mine LOVES this game, so I'll play it eventually. Admittedly though, I'm kinda wishing I won't like the game that much, just to piss him off. Though I'm going in expecting something good of course.

BraLoD said:
artur-fernand said:

A friend of mine LOVES this game, so I'll play it eventually. Admittedly though, I'm kinda wishing I won't like the game that much, just to piss him off. Though I'm going in expecting something good of course.

I'll be getting Suikoden 2 as soon as it has a promotion, even as I won't play it so soon. Would be nice to have Xenogears there in our PSN so I could get both together.
I wonder if don't playing Suikoden 1 is ok though.

I heard Suikoden 1 is a great game too. Not sure if they're connected though.

And why don't you just create an US account and buy Xenogears there?

artur-fernand said:
BraLoD said:

I'll be getting Suikoden 2 as soon as it has a promotion, even as I won't play it so soon. Would be nice to have Xenogears there in our PSN so I could get both together.
I wonder if don't playing Suikoden 1 is ok though.

I heard Suikoden 1 is a great game too. Not sure if they're connected though.

And why don't you just create an US account and buy Xenogears there?

I strongly recommend playing Suikoden 1 before playing 2. All the Suikoden games are somewhat stand-alone (Especially 3-5) but S1&2 have the most story connections as quite a bit of the characters from the first game come back in the second. There's also a really cool sidequest that's only accessible if you have a cleared save file of the first game. Also, Suikoden 1 is still a fantastic game and I love both S1&2 equally. 

The Order learned something from FF8.... unskipable cutscenes.... Except in 8 you have to see the same scene EVERY time you use a damn summon (wait to you get Eden, the damn summon animation takes like 5 minutes).

9 was better as was 10. In fact 8 is my least favorite mainline FF game. Back in 1998 the game was one of the most beautiful ever made so that gave it some redeeming value, now it just looks horrid. I is the only FF fame I refuse to replay.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

BraLoD said:

I don't like getting the US cards here, stores are always overpricing it. I dunno why it's not on our PSN though, we always get what the US store get...

Its true stores overprice the US PSN cards ridiculously but Xenogears is what 10$ ? you find 10$ cards for 30R$ or so, I think 30 bucks is very worthy the price of admission for a game as good as Xenogears.

Also about SEED exams, the question are about events that happen in the world and enemies you fight, as the tests progress in lv the question abord enemys and events that only apear/happen latter on the game.  So if youre not gona cheat in anyway youre gona get to top SEED rank by the midpoint of disc 3 Id think.

InnocentSin said:

I strongly recommend playing Suikoden 1 before playing 2. All the Suikoden games are somewhat stand-alone (Especially 3-5) but S1&2 have the most story connections as quite a bit of the characters from the first game come back in the second. There's also a really cool sidequest that's only accessible if you have a cleared save file of the first game. Also, Suikoden 1 is still a fantastic game and I love both S1&2 equally. 

I know Im in the minority here but I never liked the Suikoden series, the games never went very well with me, I guess the hughe number of playable characters anoyed me somewhat becuase Im always trying to play all of them and I cant wrap my head around why would I have an army of companions and only ever take like 4 to battle, its easier to acept this sort of thing when your party is just 8 or so.