By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo Console????

Which is best?

Nintendo Entertainment System 18 5.23%

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 81 23.55%

Nintendo 64 54 15.70%

Nintendo GameCube 82 23.84%

Wii 22 6.40%

Wii U 87 25.29%

Total:344

Super Nintendo, which is my favorite console.

Around the Network

I think the best is the SNES, but my personal favourite is the GC.

Easily the SNES, with N64 at a close second.

SNES>N64>Wii>WiiU>GameCube for me. Never owned a NES so its hard for me to rank it :/

have the NES,Wii and Wii U. played SNES for around a year borrowed from a friend. SNES has a lot of great memories. i didn't have a chance to play on N64 (a bit maybe on golden eye). Haven't seen a GC in person. My pick is Wii U since I could have all the Wii library, i can have the NES and SNES games as well.

Wii U games are quality even though the library is still small in terms of actual Wii U games. SNES and NES would still hold firm in my childhood as I've played a ton of hours especially NES (FamiCom). Double Dribble, Duck Hunt, Mappy, SMB 1 and 3, Megaman (Rockman), Twin Bee, Legend of Kage, Contra. SNES - SMW, Megaman X, DBZ2, DKC, etc..

The NES. Pretty much single-handedly revived the home console market in NA after the crash of '83 because games like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid had never been done before and set so many standards. Also, ironically, the NES really kicked off the 3rd party business model as we know it.

The SNES and its stellar library would be a close second.

Around the Network

I voted for Nintendo GameCube, I loved it !!! And N64 second. I still consider GameCube one of the best console ever made, with some of the best games. Great piece of hardware. Sadly it didn't sell that much.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

GameCube has the games of my dreams, nothing can't surpass it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

i liked the nes snes and 64 if i had to choose one it be the snes

Play Me

NES!!!

Yeah.... The power of console!

At the moment, I'd probably say GameCube has the better library, but Wii U is my personal favorite and I think by the end of this year, it'll be better overall.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread