By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Wait... Tekken 7 will be also Playstation exclusive?

Nem said:
Nem said:

To be honest, i'm not sure it was announced to any console (it was announced to be using UE4 and arcade). This is basically a confirmation of PS4, but we dont know anything else.

With SFV beeing a PS4 exclusive one does have to wonder. The PS4 is going to be the fighter platform. X1 is a complete failure in Japan aswell, so its not surprising that they arent clear if its coming to it or not.

They are also making one exclusive to Nintendo.

I dont think we can extrapolate any more than they are still choosing whats the best use of their resources.

We have to realise this isnt the 360 era anymore. X1 has slow sales in europe and isnt the leader in the US. It does make it a less desireble platform to put your games in when its audience crosses so much with the PS4 audience. Quite honestly, i dont think it would make a huge difference at the moment to go multi-plat or PS4 exclusive. But well, thats my analysis. I dont want to be bashing or anything. From a business point of view, unless it a game tailored to the US market, it doesnt make a huge ammount of sense to go multi-plat with it.

xbox doesnt have to be killing it in the us or europe to require namcos attention for a game to release on it though they have a nice userbase that more japanese devs should take note of . dbz and naruto are releasing on xbox one and I can guarantee tekken 7 on xbox one will outsell both of them by comparison. 

Around the Network
Mad55 said:

xbox doesnt have to be killing it in the us or europe to require namcos attention for a game to release on it though they have a nice userbase that more japanese devs should take note of . dbz and naruto are releasing on xbox one and I can guarantee tekken 7 on xbox one will outsell both of them by comparison. 

If it sells like Tekken 6 perhaps. But if it sells like Tekken tag 2 then it doesnt seem to be the case.

We need to evaluate how popular the Tekken series still is. Its been in decline and sales of tag 2 on x360 were slugish and actually Ninja storm 3 sold more than tag 2 on the platform in the US (according to VGC). Its food for thought. This in the region where the 360 was leader. Can't really blame them if they did opt for an exclusive release.

Not defending it, just saying that it wouldnt be totally surprising if they did. There is sense in the business decision. It all depends on how expensive the game would be to port.

I doubt it's not coming to Xbox. Even if it wouldn't sell as much as PlayStation it would still be making money and is “easy money“ for them unless they are paid to not do it.

Mikmster said:
Maybe, Sony is in a position of power now it wouldn't take much to get exclusivity form one of their home devs.

Business wise it makes sense, sony helps with dev and or promotion. Much of the risk is negated for BN while they get boost for being "exclusive" and get to create a better Tekken due to no forced parity.

That's a lot of nonsense in a short post. Do people really still think there is forced parity? If so MS is failing at enforcing that.

I know they recently came into money from selling a studio but we can't expect them to buy every Japanese fighter.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Nem said:
Mad55 said:

If it sells like Tekken 6 perhaps. But if it sells like Tekken tag 2 then it doesnt seem to be the case.

We need to evaluate how popular the Tekken series still is. Its been in decline and sales of tag 2 on x360 were slugish and actually Ninja storm 3 sold more than tag 2 on the platform in the US (according to VGC). Its food for thought. This in the region where the 360 was leader. Can't really blame them if they did opt for an exclusive release.

Not defending it, just saying that it wouldnt be totally surprising if they did. There is sense in the business decision. It all depends on how expensive the game would be to port.

Yea I usually trust vgchartzs on their sales but their tracking of tekken tag 2 seemed a bit shotty. I remember it having shipped liek 1.5 million back in march 2013 on ps3 and 360, by now it has to be close to 2 million in total. i would say the 360 version has to have like 35-40% of those sales. I will say tekkens sales have slowed in the years, but its still up there with the biggest selling in its genre and namco has to recognize the fanbase they made for themselves by releasing it on 360 last gen. It's probably only behind smash and street fighter and mortal kombat sometomes. 

Around the Network

I don't see anything saying it's a PlayStation exclusive. And no way is it going to Vita. The Vita is a bit weaker than the PS3, and the PS4 is way more powerful than the PS3.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I don't see anything saying it's a PlayStation exclusive. And no way is it going to Vita. The Vita is a bit weaker than the PS3, and the PS4 is way more powerful than the PS3.

Almost all Bandai Namco games come to the Vita. Sword Art Online: Lost Song, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Super Robot Wars Z3, J-Stars Victory VS+, Digimon Cyber Sleuth... I don't know why they shouldn't bring Tekken on the Vita?

shikamaru317 said:

I see nothing there that rules out an XB1 release. He does seem to be against a PC release though, for whatever reason. Not sure why, PC install base is currrently significantly larger than either PS4 or XB1, that's a significant number of sales they'd be passing up by skipping it. Maybe they're worried about the same thing that the DoA 5:LR team is worried about, people trying to use nude mods during online play, so they're skipping PC entirely?

I don't get it either, recently there's been some flux of J fighting games appearing on Steam, Naruto has been on PC before and the new one and DBZ game are coming to PC too, it seems like they have something against PC, either that or they are blind to seeing the PC market, like you said it's bigger than the XB1 and PS4, they could make even more money by including a PC release and to those that say "there's so fanbase on PC" there could be if they actually tried, this is the thing people keep forgetting is that they have to try in order to form a fanbase on another platform, if they don't try nothing happens.

Also I noticed that last tweet of his was rather insulting.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore most of these console games sell a lot more on consoles. saying the install base means nothing when the vast majority of their revenue comes from consoles.

I do think it's worth it porting to PC but maybe they want to focus all their efforts on the big money makers and port it later to Pc. A lot of publishers seem to do that.

Kerotan said:
Chazore most of these console games sell a lot more on consoles. saying the install base means nothing when the vast majority of their revenue comes from consoles.

I do think it's worth it porting to PC but maybe they want to focus all their efforts on the big money makers and port it later to Pc. A lot of publishers seem to do that.

So PC is nothing compared to an Xbox and a Playstation these days?, I question that because we've seen PC making top revenue before and selling a lot more in the past and data has proven it but one japanese guy for little to no reason decides he wants it to be exclusive to one platofmr, you said consoles make more revenue then why isn't it on Xbox and Wii U?, limiting yourself to one platform does not make you tonnes of money compared to a decent multiplat that actually didn't botch up expectations and under deliver or come out bugged to hell.

I've seen PC exclusive games with midding capabilities thrive and make money for years.

Looking at the last tweet spoke volumes to me, anyone off the street could say they are "an acient Steam user", should I totally take their word for it even though they've never proven or shown so before?, no I shouldn't and I have no reason to take his word for it with the lines that followed after claimign he was an "ancient" Steam user.

Also I'm still seeing a lot of "published" games on Steam more or less a day after, the same day or a day ebfore on Steam so they still make more than enough from Steam/PC in general, I shouldn't have to grab Yuri and others into this kind of dicussion with someone who's not versed with PC, not trying to be hostile but it's simply wrong to state PC isn't worth money or doesn't make enough of it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"