By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphones first major video game title looks amazing!

Riot Of The Blood said:
@Leo:

I watched it. I think the DS has better graphics.

You think? Or you know the DS has better graphics? Because I own a ds, and that game on the iphone looks better than most DS games.

mM
Around the Network

i doubt that it will be any competition to ds/psp

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Of course, considering that it was just a monkey ball game, and that the guy said how long they had to develop it, the iphone could probably do a fair bit better than the DS when pushed.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Super Monkey Ball demo does not look as good as the good DS games. BUT, it's just a demo, it probably doesn't stress the IPhone at all.

But to say the IPhone is as powerful as the PSP is like saying the Wii is almost as powerful as the PS3. In case you're wondering, that means it's not true.

Here comes Spore:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31660.html

mM
Around the Network

For comparison: Super Monkey Ball ds

The iPhone is significantly more powerful than a Nintendo DS.

Nintendo DS has two processors...

One 67 MHz ARM and one 33 MHz ARM7TDMI...

The iPhone has two processors as well...

One 620 MHz ARM and a PowerVR MBX 3D graphics co-processor.

Also the iPhone has a lot more RAM as well, 4MB for the DS compared to 128MB for the iPhone.

I really want an iphone, its an amazing device.

mM
Legend11 said:
The iPhone is significantly more powerful than a Nintendo DS.

Nintendo DS has two processors...

One 67 MHz ARM and one 33 MHz ARM7TDMI...

The iPhone has two processors as well...

One 620 Mhz ARM and a PowerVR MBX 3D graphics co-processor.

Well, it looks like I'm wrong. I have overestimated the DS.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Yeah I'm shocked as well, I didn't know Apple had made the iPhone that powerful before this thread.