By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphones first major video game title looks amazing!

leo-j said:
I really want an iphone, its an amazing device.

Same, also the invisible shield technology is awesome.
I just wish I don't have to get At&T with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

what amazes me is that that demo was thrown together in two weeks, and already it looks better than the DS version of super monkey ball. I bet a normal 6-18 month development time would produce somewhere between high n64 and low/mid Dreamcast level graphics. PSP still has the advantage of dedicated video ram, but the iphone has more general purpose ram and a faster cpu, so it should have better AI and physics, along with more possible on screen enemies and larger levels. Also, the iphone uses flash storage, so games should load instantly. All things considered, I think those advantages outweigh the psp's graphical edge.

I'm thoroughly impessed with both of those two week demos. Very top notch. Apple is playing it smart by dipping their toes into the water before plunging into this endeavor. Does anyone know if these games are simply for the iPhone or will the iPod Touch have them available also? I'm not to keen on getting a phone like that, but I wouldn't mind getting a Touch if games like those would be available.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Cool would be good to see online play, if they make other games, would probably be a bit expensive :P

interesting, of course with the touch screen also then it could get some decent games as these days the best DS games hardly use any buttons at all and it's all done via the stylus.

If this takes off - this may just force Nintendo's hand to relaunch a new handheld / new model DS earlier than expected thats totally backwards comatible with DS games and drop the GBA backwards compatibility with a new slimline design, storage media, has a section on WiiWare, can store demos and of course more powerful.

Around the Network

Come on Leo-j. It isn't that hard.

To embed, you go to the box that says EMBED, copy the code and put it in the message where you want the video. NOT in the quick reply box though. That works for youtube, gametrailers, etc. That's it. Copy/Paste. On a couple of videos I had to go into edit and then repost to see the video come up instead of the code, but it's the same process.

Wow.. that's pretty impressive and very bad news for the PSP.

Wow they look great! I'm really impressed and they could do it in 2 weeks? Awesome. Also, I'm not too much a fan of cell phones... I would barely use it and I hate contracts! XD I would rather have those on iPod Touch, but Apple stuff are a bit expansive to me.

Im getting an iPhone in June when they go 3G. Think of it now. 30GB, 3G, and tons of new applications!!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Onyxmeth said:
I'm thoroughly impessed with both of those two week demos. Very top notch. Apple is playing it smart by dipping their toes into the water before plunging into this endeavor. Does anyone know if these games are simply for the iPhone or will the iPod Touch have them available also? I'm not to keen on getting a phone like that, but I wouldn't mind getting a Touch if games like those would be available.

Yes it is coming to the iPod touch, but we will have to pay a fee to get the update for these apps... I'm just going to keep with jailbrake

Personally, I don't see any attraction with playing with tilt, and will stay with my PSP for gaming