By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The iphones first major video game title looks amazing!

How powerful is the IPhone? Judging from footage, I'm guessing about as powerful as the DS?

Around the Network

@kingofwale

Dont worry, I think the games each are around 50-100mb at most. I guess this is apples first "major" attempt to enter the video game war.

mM
Chrizum said:
How powerful is the IPhone? Judging from footage, I'm guessing about as powerful as the DS?

That's doutbfu. The DS is a really powerful handheld. I just can't imagine the Iphone producing comparable visuals to the DS.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Didn't realise the iphone was so powerful.

@ riot

I didn't watch much of it, but that looks as good as any DS game graphically.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Looks like there's some real potential with the Iphone. I wold like to see some better games, though. Then, if that were to happen, I would try it out myself.
My thoughts exactly, it sounds very promising indeed.
I plan on picking one up, after the service plan deals are over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Chrizum said:

That's doutbfu. The DS is a really powerful handheld. I just can't imagine the Iphone producing comparable visuals to the DS.

Im guessing neither of you bothered to watch the video.

mM

@Okey:

That game doesn't look as good as New! Super Mario Bros.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

leo-j said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Chrizum said:

Im guessing neither of you bothered to watch the video.

Yes I did, and it's not the first footage I've seen from the IPhone. Instead of being a dick, would you care to give your opinion on the matter?

@Leo:

I watched it. I think the DS has better graphics.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Chrizum said:

This is a joke, right?

DS processing power: about 100 mhz

IPhone processing power: about 620mhz.

Since it's not designed speficially as a game-handheld, I would expect it to have close to PSP's graphical power. 333mhz.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)