By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

@ruler: crysis1 is also on xbox 360 as well. hat starship game. Forgot that name of the game , but thats exclusiv to pc and looks gorgeous. That looks better then any console game. TBh it doesn't look that much betetr then AC unity considerign one si very linear game with no environment interactivity comapred to a massive open world with tonnes of environment interactivity. Don't forget AC uniy is also not first party game. Thats the point, even with next gen in mind , it still looks better then any console game.Theres no competition already. Imagine if they were designed specifially for pc.

Around the Network

After reading some of the reviews. It seems like it's designed similar to old school shooters. Linear, short, shoot things, looks good for it's time and it has no multiplayer. Maybe the devs were trying to pay homage to 'em with this game. The gamble didn't work with the critics but we'll see how it fairs with actual gamers and in sales.

If you take away the multiplayer out of FPS's like halo or call of duty, it's pretty much the same thing except for the diffrent perspective. The devs didn't lie about the multiplayer so I don't understand the negativity around it but oh well. 

Conegamer said:

Please remember that this is a thread about The Order reviews; not about PC/X1 graphics. Let's return to that topic and drop this conversation before there's needless additional moderation.

In my defence, i thought i was posting in the 1886 performance analysis thread! :p

(sorry though, we really did go very off topic).

binary solo said:
Median review score at present is 70. That suggests the very low scores (especially that 2/10 outlier) is having an undue influence on the meta score. A 70 median is pretty good all things considered. I think that means I can take the risk and buy this game, not at full price, but not at bargain bin price either.

(95+86+85+82+81+81+(7*80)+79+(3*78)+(3*75)+(8*70)+69+65+65+(9*60)+55+55+(4*50)+45+(3*40)+20)/51=66,71

EDIT: oh, that's the mean, but it's still interesting.

dane007 said:
walsufnir said:
Dualshockers to the rescue! http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02/19/review-the-order-1886-a-beautiful-emotional-and-ultra-polished-heresy-2/
8.5! Who would've thought?!

he took 12 hours. What was he doing that it took him that long?

Enjoying it and taking his time apparently. 

Around the Network

Edit: just saw the post telling us not to talk about graphics, my bad. Anyway, the Order 1886 is a game that I think would have been better off at a $30 price point, cause it seems to be more of a tech demo than a real game.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Aeolus451 said:
dane007 said:

he took 12 hours. What was he doing that it took him that long?

Come now. Who has fun playing videogames?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

iceboy151 said:
NavyNut said:
Damn another flop for the PS4. I was hoping this would not have been the case, sick of waiting for next gen awesomeness.

How is it a flop when we don't even know the sales?!

We can predict with pretty reasonable accuracy that legs will be very short for this game, because metascore does seem to either influence or predict the sales success of games, especially when they score either below 70 or above 85.

It's a very rudimentary analysis but here are all the 50-69 metascore games that have global sales numbers on VGC. 

Game Global sales LTD '000 release year
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition TBA 2014
Lords of the Fallen 310 2014
Sniper Elite III 350 2014
Thief 700 2014
The Order: 1886 TBA 2015
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected & Gat Out of Hell 80 2015
WWE 2K15 790 2014
The Crew 1080 2014
NHL 15 400 2014
NBA Live 15 110 2014
Murdered: Soul Suspect 230 2014
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed 40 2014
Knack 1340 2013
Bound by Flame 120 2014
Natural Doctrine 60 2014
Average 431.54  

The Crew has managed 1 million, possibly because there is a dearth of decent racers on PS4, I don't know.

I am convinced the only reason Knack is over 1 million is because of bundling. My personal experience of Knack is that it's actually an all right game but I doubt positive word of mouth will have helped much with sales. But even with these >1 million games, with Knack benefitting from significant bundling, games that get metascores below 70 can be expected to sell less than 500K. That is if VGC can at all be relied on to provide a ball park estimate of sales for these games.

The Order seems like it might benefit from bundling, as I believe it is being bundled in Europe. This could help it to 1 million. The other thing that might help is a common vibe that the IP has potential and a better job at doing a sequel might give us a very good game, or at least a longer game. That, with bundling might help it to 1.5 million. Anything above that is a far off dream. More than likely though is lifetime sales below 1 million. I don't see Sony letting RaD have another go at this IP for sales less than 1 million. Too much of a financial risk of a second sales failure. This would not have been a cheap game to make. KPI for this game would probably have been 2 million, which is not going to happen.

Too bad that the metascore is also below Sony's PSN+ free game commitment. Though as an exclusive that failed to sell (probably) Sony might decide to break its own rule, or they might decide that 65 is the new 70, given there are games worth giving away for free in that 65-70 zone.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

It seems that the co-founders of Ready-At-Dawn went into hiding on twitter after the poor reception to the game.

Conegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Come now. Who has fun playing videogames?

Everyone but the critics. They're a bunch of grumpy........ You get what I mean.