By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 Review Thread - Meta: 66

iceboy 51--- https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=do+you+even+game&biw=1607&bih=943&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qWrmVP_LI6i0mwWGhoDgAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_&imgrc=DDXIVL5H2hqhPM%253A%3BxA6bPhdoKDFhaM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fi.warosu.org%252Fdata%252Fcgl%252Fimg%252F0068%252F32%252F1368704098912.jpg%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwarosu.org%252Fcgl%252Fthread%252F6832012%3B400%3B400

but in allhonesty you deserve this link

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54378296.jpg

Moderated - Starcraft

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
VanceIX said:

PC has games that are running on max setting in 4K and at 60fps. How is an (essentially) tech demo with black bars technologically or graphically impressive? Not saying that the PS4 has horrible graphics, but saying that the PS4 has better graphics than high-end PC is just flat out wrong.

I completely agree with the core point you're trying to make (how anyone can even try and argue that a $400 console could match, let alone surpass a high end PC is beyond me), but i don't understand the bolded part... What does a potential design flaw have to do with its graphical accomplishments? If it was 1600x900 instead of 1920x800 (the latter is only slightly higher than 900p), would is suddenly becoming more graphically impressive despite being functionally the same on a technical level?

Sorry if i'm just misunderstanding you, but the way i'm reading it makes it sound really illogical. 

I never said that the ps4 is stronger than highend PCs just that the exclusives have better graphics so far on the ps4, while the PC doesnt have them. It doesnt matter how much this or that costs but what games each system has. The gamecube cost at one point 100$ and had the best looking games in its generation = Resident evil remake and 0

Euphoria14 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

or driveclub, or knack, or fucking dying light, and resident evil 6.

People at my job LOVE Dying Light.

I´m positively surprised with Dying Light.

I usually get bored pretty quickly with open world games but I can´t stop playing DL.

JGarret said:
Euphoria14 said:

I´m positively surprised with Dying Light.

I usually get bored pretty quickly with open world games but I can´t stop playing DL.

A guy at my job that I bullshit with every now and again said he was surprised by it too. He said people can just join your game and even play as a monster and that it even has it's own skill tree? Not very versed in this game, but I didn't know anything about that and it sounds cool.

He also said you also have no radar, so while running away he would sometimes find himself landing into a horde of the undead. Is there really no radar or is just off by default in the settings?

Anyways he loves it. Says it is so much fun to just jump in and mess around.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You guys are getting off topic.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
@method114--- you man are crazy to think order 1886 looks better then games on pc at max settings. There are tonnes of games that top order 1886 graphically easily such as crysis 1 , 3 , newest metro, battlefield 4, i would say newest COD on pc woudl top it , witcher 3, witcher 2, i would even include the latest AC unity on pc due to scale of the world . Thats jsut from the top of my head. i am not much f a pc gamer but i ams ure people who are pc gamers here, can easily add to the list here

All of these games came out for consoles as well, and max settings really dont give that much of a difference as these games were designed to run on consoles. The PC really hasnt any AAA exclsuives that tried to max out highend pcs after crysis 1 came out. I think ps4 exclsusives look better because they were designed to max out the strongest console avaible, the ps4. The pc games you listened are multiplats who were designed with both ps4 and xbox 1 in mind, hell even for last gen consoles like the ps3 and 360.

Moderated - Leadified

Euphoria14 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

or driveclub, or knack, or fucking dying light, and resident evil 6.

Everybody loves Dying Light. The game is awesome. And a perfect example of metascore not doing a game justice...

jlmurph2 said:
mr_capello said:

you can't compare highend pcs to consoles its like comparing the performance of a middle class car to an exotic race car. the one is build for the masses and the other for wealthy car enthusiasts. I am pretty sure if you  compare the performance of an pc build owned by an average pc user it will be pretty close to ps4 and xbox one performance.

and what did you expect from a machine that costs twice as much and a game that is made for those high end pc builds ? 

imagine what those pc builds must cost to run crisis 3 in 4k ... 

the graphics card setup will probably cost you more than your whole build. 

I think you're quoting the wrong person then. He's not the one who said PS4 games look better than PC games on max settings.

apperently when you hit the quote button it doesn't pick up all the quotes that came before that.

but my comment actually relates to the one I was quoting while somewhat acknowledging the fact that there are pc games that will have better graphics than console games

I mean who in his right mind can say that every ps4 game looks better than every pc game knwoing that there are games that are build with high end pcs in mind

and on the other hand how can you be soo surprised by the difference between console games and a game, that is known to even push most pc to their limits, running on a maschine that cost twice as much or even more as a console

To stay on topic

I rarely buy games first day so the 60$ value argument doesn't affect me

still looks like a fun little game that probably wont blow you away like other games do

the order looks like on of these game that might be fun for one playthrough but never be one of those games you will remeber in a few years.

Ruler said:
Zekkyou said:

I completely agree with the core point you're trying to make (how anyone can even try and argue that a $400 console could match, let alone surpass a high end PC is beyond me), but i don't understand the bolded part... What does a potential design flaw have to do with its graphical accomplishments? If it was 1600x900 instead of 1920x800 (the latter is only slightly higher than 900p), would is suddenly becoming more graphically impressive despite being functionally the same on a technical level?

Sorry if i'm just misunderstanding you, but the way i'm reading it makes it sound really illogical. 

I never said that the ps4 is stronger than highend PCs just that the exclusives have better graphics so far on the ps4, while the PC doesnt have them. It doesnt matter how much this or that costs but what games each system has. The gamecube cost at one point 100$ and had the best looking games in its generation = Resident evil remake and 0

I know what you meant, but i stand by what i said. The PS4 has been pushing out some really great looking games, and if we ignore performance some of them (infamous, driveclub, 1886 etc) could even hold their own against some of the best maxed out PC titles, but ultimately the PC is still a pretty big step above. That step only grows larger when we include the potential performance advantage of higher end PC's.

I'll suppose we'll have to agree to disagree though.. ^^;

Please remember that this is a thread about The Order reviews; not about PC/X1 graphics. Let's return to that topic and drop this conversation before there's needless additional moderation.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.