By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you buying The Order: 1886?

You buying it brahs?

Yes 394 58.54%

No 213 31.65%

Fuck no, will be buying t... 66 9.81%

Total:673
pbroy said:
Yes, I like watching my games more than playing them. Hopefully the trophies unlock themselves.

Have two collector's editions to scalp.

People like you need to go away

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

To the bold part, the game isn't even out yet and people have plenty of issues? It's not out yet. As in the finished product isn't out yet.  I still think that many of 'em are being harsh because it's a new IP but just won't admit it. Some people are hastily cherry picking crap excuses for reasons not to buy it.  Their "issues" are groundless until the game is released. It's pure speculation. If you or anyone else has issues with a released game then I'll lend an ear to listen but before it's released? Hell no.

I'm not saying the game is good or bad until I played it which alot of other people on this thread and in general aren't doing. Hence why I'm defending it and taking a "Let other people buy it and see" approach. I'm not gonna fault someone for being the first to buy the game.

Its fairly ridiculous to say that a game is immune to criticism until after its release. When I watch a piece of "gameplay" that throws in "cinematic cuts" every few seconds instead of actually letting the player have any agency whatsoever, I think that is a fair complaint. When I watch videos of cutscenes and think "this would be cool if the game was actually being played", I think that is a fair complain. When I look at shooting segments and yawn at the shooting gallery style approach, I think that is a fair complaint. When I watch the first hour of the game and see setpiece fail states (hostage related), which are jarring and which are simply "rewind the game 10seconds and try again", I think that is a fair complaint. When I am watching some pretty cutscene and all the sudden a weird button prompt starts flashing on the screen, shattering my immersion, I think that is a fair complaint.

I don't think any of those issues are erased by saying "yeah well, the game isn't out yet". While not everyone may agree with my point of view, I think it is fair to express my opinion that the game has heaps of wasted potential, and had it taken a different direction, I think it could have been something genuinely amazing. Instead, it seemed to fall into the trap of writing a movie instead of a game and forgetting the huge differences between the two (as there are plenty of game writers who wish they were movie writers, this isn't exactly surprising)...

I'm willing to give it a chance, but not right away. The only part of the game that's really captured my imagination up to this point is the fabulous facial hair.

Why buy when it's free on YouTube?

Seriously, everyone should wait for reviews and actually read them, no matter what the score in the end is. People who don't care for reviews will have other reasons to buy the game but currently games get released with so many issues and in a bad state it's wrong to believe early impressions by anyone and thus one should wait for actual reviews.

Day one, collectors edition. Really interested in the setting and story and the gameplay looks solid. Went collectors edition because it's a sweet statue.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I'm going to buy it just because of all the hate its getting, i wasn't planning to a few days ago.

Of course,to infinity and beyond with mwoar power to the playstation library and generation win

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Just read that the user who posted the walkthrough had his account banned, while unfortunate, thats the risk you take when breaking the rules and broadcasting gameplay from a review copy ahead of the embargo date.

friend is buying it for me as a gift. woohooo!!!

If the meta-score is 78 or above I will buy it.

I have absolutely no idea what this game is going to be from absurd high's to pessimistic lows the media coverage has been all over the place.

While I disagree with the idea the game is not innovative my main concern is value.

Wolfenstein was a great example of a shooter without multiplayer can be. But The Order 1886 still needs to be a solid length with a reason to replay the game.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE