By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW + SW week ending 31st Jan

Edit: I'm stupid.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

3DS sale was dropped because of "New" 3DS was coming.

Wii U....

oniyide said:
vivster said:
Why is everyone so worried about Wii U? It's more than last year. Or were there people expecting a baseline over 50k?

actually some people did. 

OT i am shocked that Wii U is below PS3 for another week

Are you really shocked when the PS3 still gets more games and has higher value than Wii U? This is no different than when PS2 was outselling 360 in its early years

WiiU figures are really low. I hope Nintendo have learnt a lesson and will release a true Next Gen Console next time; hopefully they will focus more on 3rd party support.

PS4 again sold better than X1 and WiiU combined.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

BraLoD said:
So, did we got any adjustments? Vita still seems too low in USA compared with the 3DS.
40% last month and now 20% this week? (part of NPD figure), Nope.
Vita can't catch a break huh? Poor thing, not even when it get some sales it get it's numbers

Yes, we got lots of adjustments. PS4 and Xb one both adjusted down significantly in the USA, Xb one adjusted down by a bit more of course.

Everything in the USA for January is now pretty much in line with what peo-ple have worked out for NPD being:

PS4 ~192k
XBO ~152k
Wii U  ~64k
360 ~40k
PS3 ~35k
Wii ~8k
PSV - 39% of 3DS

The biggest remaining discrepancies being 3DS or PSV (the ratio is wrong if that 39% is correct and doesn't include PSTV), and to a lesser extent Wii U which is about 3K overtracked. Wii is a bit undertracked too. PS4 NPD estimate is slightly over VGC and slightly under for Xb one. But that's neither here nor there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
SjOne said:
oniyide said:

actually some people did. 

OT i am shocked that Wii U is below PS3 for another week

Are you really shocked when the PS3 still gets more games and has higher value than Wii U? This is no different than when PS2 was outselling 360 in its early years

true but at this point i would have thought WIi U is on the market long enough for it to not happen anymore.

Once again higher than last year that is all that matters is seeing increase sales also after Captain Toad no major releases sense and won't be until Kirby. Why can't people see the whole picture instead of the numbers? PS4 and XOne has had more releases sense and are doing worse than last year.
What s more surprising is Dying Light not even hitting 300, 000 the first week on a console of 19 million

OMG, you guys. I can't stop laughing.
If you don't know I'm a massive musou fan. I was just browsing Chartz (because one of the users releases COMG Japan pre order numbers there in an easy to read format) and decided to take a look at the numbers they were putting out. Then I noticed the image below-

It shows that "Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires" was the 45th best selling game of the week ending Jan 31st in the USA. Just ahead of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.

Except there is just one issue. THE GAME DOESN'T COME OUT TILL THE END OF FEBRUARY! So how the hell have chartz "tracked" this game to place it as the 45th best seller of that week.... when the game hasn't even been released.

I really can't stop laughing at how people keep trusting chartz and posting their numbers as if it's gospel. This is just another bit of proof that chartz make up their numbers....The game was delayed from the date listed on chartz yet they haven't fixed it and have still released "tracked" numbers claiming it's the 45th best seller..... Unbelievable.

Playstation wins January and sells far more software than Xbox One (Which is where all the profit is).

So, ioi was waiting for NPD to be released?