By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW HW + SW week ending 31st Jan

DanRybacki said:
Materia-Blade said:

you're denying that $150 is a money bleeding pricecut and following with an unrelated offensive sentence.

Nobody knows how much MS is making or losing on the X1, nor what they are thinking of it, and I wish people would stop pretending to know.

So you actually believe MS was making $150 per console sold pre-price cut? 

It's called logic. 

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
DanRybacki said:

Don't be a dreamer. Nothing the Wii U has this year is a system seller. If Smash and MK8 couldn't save it, nothing can.

So you're telling me that not even Zelda will move systems? Okay...

Zelda doesn't sell as much software as SSB or MK,neither have the "family appeal" that this two games have.The game may push the hardware one or two weeks but like Dan said if MK wasn't enough to change WiiU situation,zelda can't too.

Materia-Blade said:
DanRybacki said:

Beat it by a few thousand coming off the back of one of its biggest releases of its lifetime. Nothing to boast about. And X1 resumed giving it a beating shortly after.

you say that while ignoring X1 needed money bleeding price cuts and bundles for that and that MK8 isn't front loaded.

WiiU itself had price cuts for all its bundles during Xmas

I think usa total for January is quite close now to NPD.

Ps4 on its marathon to 50% marketshare.

Seems like the usual quiete month of Always.

And 7% yoy growth after 150 lesser pricebase with 2 games throw in against 30% rise of WiiU in USA is hardly a reason to brag.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
Why is everyone so worried about Wii U? It's more than last year. Or were there people expecting a baseline over 50k?

actually some people did. 

OT i am shocked that Wii U is below PS3 for another week

Around the Network
oniyide said:
vivster said:
Why is everyone so worried about Wii U? It's more than last year. Or were there people expecting a baseline over 50k?

actually some people did. 

OT i am shocked that Wii U is below PS3 for another week

PS3 gets new games to play every month mosty where Wii U gets new games every few months.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

CGI-Quality said:
JoeAncelotti said:
I take it that there have also been some changes made to the previous figures.

Sure have: 

Was: 

PlatformN. AmericaEuropeJapanGlobal
51,510 57,170 12,526 148,478
27,413 31,606 35,908 101,892
50,265 31,250 306 95,017
8,972 17,354 8,111 46,937
22,232 11,317 7,321 43,934
2,760 4,455 16,208 29,779
14,246 7,320 39 25,102
1,312 1,229 43 2,815

Now:

Not just last week my friend. The whole month has been significantly adjusted. After all vgc needed to give ps4 a 10k lead over xb one in the USA each week of the NPD month instead of a few k that it was running with, at the same time as adjusting PS4 down a notch.

Are we going to see this as a pattern now? Vgc holding back data for the final week of the NPD month and then making adjustments if necessary so that no one will be able to say vgc was over or under for the month; in the USA at least.

So, a few of us were saying the weeks of the xb one price hike looked off even after adjustments put PS4 marginally ahead. Some people were crowing that xb one was carrying on its winning ways even though the price went up. Where are the crows now to come and eat humble pie and to praise those who know how to use reason, logic and evidence outside of vgc numbers to draw conclusions rather than use wishful thinking claimed as fact? There's a certain turkey who should be dropping by any time now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Minus the PS4, everything fell back to Earth. 3DS should have a boost come within 3 weeks time, but minus that, all other consoles are not doing well; particularly the Wii U. A much better January YoY from the NPD, but not so great WW. Xbox One most likely will be discontinued in Japan by the end of this year; considering even Microsoft's best efforts haven't dented the market since 2002.

Either way, I'd expect this trend of low numbers to continue until the Evolve week; where One and PS4 sales should get a slight boost from NA; Order and the N3DS with Majora's Mask 2 weeks later (correct me if I am wrong please). Other than that, it seems the PS4 will have smooth sailing over 100k weekly in February, while the One hits around 88k average for the month; possibly a 92-96k maximum depending on how many people in North America bought Evolve with it. Wii U will most likely trend downward; which is disheartening to see. Minus those factors, as I stated;

PS4 cruising along

3DS under 100k in a while, but will tick back up in a couple of weeks

One back to pre holiday and October Status, but will obtain a boost (albeit slight from Evolve).

Wii U not doing so good.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

maybe to make the wii u more powerful they can make an attachment-------introducing the nintendo 256X!

ryuzaki57 said:
Materia-Blade said:

you say that while ignoring X1 needed money bleeding price cuts and bundles for that and that MK8 isn't front loaded.

WiiU itself had price cuts for all its bundles during Xmas

Is this your classical negativity about nintendo in an underhand manner,again?pfffff...!What did you just say?And what do you compare!Official price cut  of two months with not a lot shop deals for christmas period...Bleeding money means selling a lot lower that the manufacturing cost,wii u price after discounts weren't below the manufacturing cost!Ratiocinate ruyuzaki,please...

Moderated - Leadified