By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo MCC, AC Unity or DriveClub. Which was the biggest mess?

Biggest mess?

Halo Master Chief Collection 199 48.30%

Assassin's Creed Unity 134 32.52%

DriveClub 77 18.69%

Total:410

I'm still scratching my head as to what copy of MCC reviewers played. Because it still barely works all these months after launch, let alone at launch when it got stellar reviews.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Not quite sure what this threads getting at. Two of those games are crap, while the other, might be a bit broken, but its by far the most accomplished of the lot. Yeah, I'm talking about the one with over 100 maps. Great game, been finding games regularly for the past month.

How are the PS+ users finding Driveclub....oh wait....

Lol, come one now XD

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Master Chief Collection. Were they trying to make it like the original Halo, which had no Xbox Live capabilities?....

343i have a beta test for patch..... The MCC is still a mess. One of the worst coded games ever made.

foodfather said:

Not quite sure what this threads getting at. Two of those games are crap, while the other, might be a bit broken, but its by far the most accomplished of the lot. Yeah, I'm talking about the one with over 100 maps. Great game, been finding games regularly for the past month.

How are the PS+ users finding Driveclub....oh wait....

Moderated - Leadified

Accomplished? It's a port of 3 games and a remake of one and all of them were codes poorly while the other candidates were brand new games. Plus MCC is still broken and when have you ever seen a beta for a patch?

Strange definition you have for the word accomplished.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

DriveClub was only partially messy, I mean, the main game was not buggy, and you could just play it on the main campaign... sound worked, there was no glitches, and it performed as intended... until you tried to join/make a club or anything related to online, which is something many do not bother with to this day.

Not to completely dismiss it, the outrage let me get some cars and events for free! yes! and it was finally resolved.

I think Halo:MCC is more akin the Battlefield 4 in therms of annoyances, the local play has issues in both (lost saves, some checkpoints not registering, trophies not loading, sound problems, local coop performing so bad it can barely be played) and the online is broken, well people wait what hours to play online? granted some issues are partially fixed, but man...

Assassins Creed:U seems to be just a mess, pop-ins all over the place, performance makes it unbearable, character falling though the floors into the abiss, NPCs behaving strangely (this is common in Ubisoft games, apparently not to this level) ...

Now all these games have ardent fans who will come here and say they played them and loved it anyway, it's fine, some of those problems do not affect everyone (I know, I am a big fan of DriveClub!)... But honestly what's worse, a game that glitches all the time in many ways, performs badly, does not get fixed, etc. I would say Assassins Creed:U seems to be the worse of them, the problems are very visible and on PS4 it's one of the handfull of sub 1080p games available, along with possible the one with the worse frame rate problems (after the initial patch anyway, since the version on the disc runs unlocked and it seems to do a nice job at it in many areas) ... Halo:MCC is hard to tell, I personally don't play MP and even if there are problems with the campaigns of all the Halo titles in there, it seems to be playable for a lot of people, some of these problems would probably never be noticed by many, unless you are affected by the cound glitches in Halo 3 (achievements not unlocking is sad, but hardly game breaking) ...

So the crown goes to Assassins Creed:Unity!

Unity. While Halo:MCC was a mess at least the single player was playable right?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The worst in a technical aspect was Unity, but the Master Chief Collection was way more harmful, specially because it was meant to be one of the biggest system sellers of the XBOne. The fact that its most important feature was unabalible for so long was unexcusable.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I can only say Unity because that's the only game I've played..it was bad and they still haven't fixed much of the online part; silent & undetected snipers, events not initiating, people experiencing different events...just ugh

the single has improved since launch with that mega patch but the pop-up is still horrendous and there's still some glitches and freezes

at least they made the DLC free to make up for it.

starcraft said:

Not to any great extent. Single player is certainly sorted. As is multiplayer for the most part.

I don't know if wait 30 minutes to matchmaking is "sorted for the most part".

To be fair the three games are a mess... the difference is that some get fixed in these three months and only one have big issues yet... so at launch the three were in the same state, today MCC is the worst one.