By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony as 'third party' in handheld scene?

I am sure Nintendo will go towards that "Fusion route" but not the way that some people are thinking like having this wonky ass hybrid one console cause things really don't work like that.

But either ways, no... Sony would much rather make exclusive games for their mobile than give them to Nintendo handhelds unless they sell their mobile division but even then

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Hell no!!! Why should they put their games on a Nintendo handheld when they are still dominating the console market?

Dr.Vita said:
Hell no!!! Why should they put their games on a Nintendo handheld when they are still dominating the console market?

Mostly to decentralize their gaming profit without having to put out another handheld of their own and to try and get a better slice of the Japanese pie.

Ff7 Super. DS sounds good...

Like most I think they´d concentrate on PS4/5 and AT MOST Android. Most Sony games are not proper Handheld games. Imo Sony is mor Consoley than Hand_heldey ..... if that makes any sense?

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Around the Network

Now sony games on a new nintendo handheld i could see maybe have there trophies and sign in to psn when u play them.

No. The days for Sony or Microsoft making games for other handhelds are done. Microsoft made a couple of games to the PS2 and the DS, but those were nothing major (the PS2 and DS Age of Empires, Age of Mythology DS, Zoo Tycoon...). Sony won't make games for Nintendo when it has to support their own systems (home console, handheld, Sony phones, other PS devices...).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

estebxx said:
ive personally would just like to see all of their resources go to the console department, a lot of the times at the beggining of the gen people complain that they dont have enough launch games, and this is due to them supporting both the PS3, PS4 and PSVITA if they could focus everything in the console then we would likely stop seeing stuff like "the PS4 has no gamezzzz..."

This

PSP emulator for PS4 please and have all the developers focus on PS4 content.

Look at what simple emulation (not high end) can do to PSP games. These are the original PSP which can easily be emulated and enhanced. These are just higher native res with FXAA and 16x anisotropic filtering

badgenome said:
No. They barely make games for their own handheld.

/thread

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.