By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 5 will outsell Uncharted 4.

true_fan said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Agreed and here is the even more relevant point...no one is FORCED to buy the bundle. It will not be the only option. So if someone CHOOSES to buy the bundle witht he game then that is what they wanted that game. I never bought a LBP PS bundle nor a GT ps bundle when they were available. Because while they are great games they are not my cup of tea.

My point being rather a game is bundled or not a sale is a sale because someone CHOSE to buy the bundle over the standalone because it came with a game they wanted. The bundle argument isilly and always has been....period.

I disagree, say MSFT put Ryse in a bundle during this past holiday season. Would we all say those sales are stand alone from the games merits. There were several games receiving inflated sales this holiday due to being packed in during the highest selling time of the year. 

If a game is bundled and he price of the game is added to the console like Sony does it (Barrinf the newest deal where you get TLOU free) then I'd count it as a legit sale for the game.

But if the game is bundled for free with the console then it's unfairly inflating the sales of the game, as MS did with Titanfall, Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC.

Around the Network

OT: seems like a safe bet. Multiplayer centric games lose popularity quicker than SP games but also have more explosive launches. I think Halo could outsell first three months absolutely, but Uncharted will sell more at the end of this gen.

Everyone: threads naturally transition from one topic to another, and that's perfectly fine. But I don't want to see any personal insults or jabs in this thread. Keep it clean, or just stay out.

true_fan said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Agreed and here is the even more relevant point...no one is FORCED to buy the bundle. It will not be the only option. So if someone CHOOSES to buy the bundle witht he game then that is what they wanted that game. I never bought a LBP PS bundle nor a GT ps bundle when they were available. Because while they are great games they are not my cup of tea.

My point being rather a game is bundled or not a sale is a sale because someone CHOSE to buy the bundle over the standalone because it came with a game they wanted. The bundle argument isilly and always has been....period.

I disagree, say MSFT put Ryse in a bundle during this past holiday season. Would we all say those sales are stand alone from the games merits. There were several games receiving inflated sales this holiday due to being packed in during the highest selling time of the year. 

What are you disagreeing with? I can't really make a proper reply until I know what you are disagreeing with. My point was that no one is FORCED to buy a bundle. I have seen some AMAZING bundles that I would NEVER get because those it came withs ay 2 or 3 games they were games that did not interest me so why would I bud that bundle? Are you saying that you disagree with me that no one is forced to buy bundles? I guess I don't get what part you disagree with.

OT:

I think Halo 5 will also sell more thanUC4 for the first 3 months. Lifetime is different though. I am not sure which one will come out on top there.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

It's seems like that can be the case when Halo is the meat of Xbox while Uncharted 4 is one of a large number of games that people buy a PS4 or sony console for. So seems like an odd comparison.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

In NA, yes. WW, no.

Halo 4: ~2/3 of sales in NA/~2.5X sales of UC3 in NA
UC3: ~1/3 of sales in NA/~2/3 sales of Halo 4 WW

In these cases, the WW install bases were effectively even, and the PS3 was only about 3/5 of the X360 in NA. Now, the PS4 is about 2X the install base WW and effectively even in NA. If the attach rates stay the same as the last gen, Halo 5 will win NA and lose WW.

SIx reasons why Halo 5 will outsell Uncharted 4 in no order.

1. The U.S. love for FPS and online arena deathmatch that will drive most of the sales
  2. The Uncharted series not being nowhere as big in the U.S. compared to the Halo series thanks to the PS3 flopping in U.S.
  3. Microsoft Ridiculous over Advertising of Halo 5 on tv and online  
  4. Limited theme and Xbox One holiday bundles
  5. Its Halo and the gaming media will act like it's the second coming of Jesus
  6. Advertising it on Xbox 360 Dashbroad   

Six things Uncharted 4 need to outsell Halo 5 in on order.

1. It has to be Uncharted 2 level good or Better 
  2. Sony have to advertise it like there is no tomorrow on tv and online
  3. White or Special theme PS4 Uncharted 4 bundles
  4. All Pre orders gets PS Now 7 days rentals codes for Uncharted 1 -3 in the U.S.
  5. Advertise it on PS3 What's New and in PS store 
  6. A good open Beta or demo

XtremeHDGamerX said:

SIx reasons why Halo 5 will outsell Uncharted 4 in no order.

1. The U.S. love for FPS and online arena deathmatch that will drive most of the sales
  2. The Uncharted series not being nowhere as big in the U.S. compared to the Halo series thanks to the PS3 flopping in U.S.
  3. Microsoft Ridiculous over Advertising of Halo 5 on tv and online  
  4. Limited theme and Xbox One holiday bundles
  5. Its Halo and the gaming media will act like it's the second coming of Jesus
  6. Advertising it on Xbox 360 Dashbroad   

Six things Uncharted 4 need to outsell Halo 5 in on order.

1. It has to be Uncharted 2 level good or Better 
  2. Sony have to advertise it like there is no tomorrow on tv and online
  3. White or Special theme PS4 Uncharted 4 bundles
  4. All Pre orders gets PS Now 7 days rentals codes for Uncharted 1 -3 in the U.S.
  5. Advertise it on PS3 What's New and in PS store 
  6. A good open Beta or demo

Wait were you serious about all of these points? I can kind of go with 1 or 2 but most of these just seem to be pulled out of thin air lol. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I concur.

It's funny that 3 years ago no one would doubt Halo beating Unchanted in sales. But ND has gotten very popular over the last few years. Not to mention the PS4 is close to 2/1 XB1 in sales.

It's hard to tell, there's been mistrust in i343 regarding Halo4 and MCC and the fact that a big portion of Halo 5 you dont play as the chief will dishearten fans.

Since this is 3 months ill lean towards Halo.