By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 5 will outsell Uncharted 4.

fireburn95 said:
In other news the sky is blue, walter white is dead and barrack obama is black.

The only one that really matters

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
true_fan said:

Well I'll stop here before this escalates, but we know which games rely on bundling. Halo for darn share isn't reliant upon bundling and still has some of the best sales in the industry.

If it's been bundled, it's a bundled game. So please, drop it. You've already hit a wall with this talk (as I said) and you're choosing to bite from only one end of the meal. 

Agreed and here is the even more relevant point...no one is FORCED to buy the bundle. It will not be the only option. So if someone CHOOSES to buy the bundle witht he game then that is what they wanted that game. I never bought a LBP PS bundle nor a GT ps bundle when they were available. Because while they are great games they are not my cup of tea.

My point being rather a game is bundled or not a sale is a sale because someone CHOSE to buy the bundle over the standalone because it came with a game they wanted. The bundle argument isilly and always has been....period.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

true_fan said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

So it's still a bundle either way, which doesn't change the fact that all of them have been bundled at some point.

No not even close to what you will see for a ND game, I never said it was bad. I'm just saying that heavy bundling supremely inflates sales for ND games.

Very ironic that you expect to be taken seriously considering MS is the one that bundled far more games last gen and this gen than Sony. Tlou relied on bundling? I'm sure its sales had nothing to do with the fact that it was the most highly acclaimed game of last generation with over 200 awards. Nope. And then, there's the fact that it released at the end of last gen, so you're saying it had to rely on bundling to sell that well despite console sales already being exhausted? Funny. MS bundles every halo game, every gears game and even goes so far as to release custom console and controller designs to spur sales and appeal to collectors. Yet somehow its the OTHER guys that rely on bundling. 

Oh wait. How many official bundles has MS had this gen? How many has Sony done? Can someone please figure this out bc I'm on mobile and I bet I already know that answer. Stop reaching breh

Heres the thing though Halo is xbox's biggest game series, uncharted is not sonys its gran turismo which sells better than halo.

You have balls.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
CGI-Quality said:

If it's been bundled, it's a bundled game. So please, drop it. You've already hit a wall with this talk (as I said) and you're choosing to bite from only one end of the meal. 

Agreed and here is the even more relevant point...no one is FORCED to buy the bundle. It will not be the only option. So if someone CHOOSES to buy the bundle witht he game then that is what they wanted that game. I never bought a LBP PS bundle nor a GT ps bundle when they were available. Because while they are great games they are not my cup of tea.

My point being rather a game is bundled or not a sale is a sale because someone CHOSE to buy the bundle over the standalone because it came with a game they wanted. The bundle argument isilly and always has been....period.

I disagree, say MSFT put Ryse in a bundle during this past holiday season. Would we all say those sales are stand alone from the games merits. There were several games receiving inflated sales this holiday due to being packed in during the highest selling time of the year. 

CGI-Quality said:
true_fan said:

I disagree, say MSFT put Ryse in a bundle during this past holiday season. Would we all say those sales are stand alone from the games merits. There were several games receiving inflated sales this holiday due to being packed in during the highest selling time of the year. 

I thought you were done? If not, then answer me this - since Sony and Microsoft have, "pack-in" games, why are you choosing to single out just one of them? Your TLOU talk has been shot down already, anyway, because the game didn't rely on bundling for the crazy sales it saw (lest we for get when it launched, on what it launched, and what it did in its generation for that machine).

Well I was done with going back and forth with you is what i meant, but I will continue for a few more mintues. First off, the last of us might be the only game in history that was bundled twice, with two different releases, on 2 different platforms, within 1 year. Heck tlou was bundled during the holidays and is back bundled again now, after it was bundled during the initial release summer 2014. So how has tlou bundling been shot down, it has been budled almost consistently since June 2013 across ps3 and ps4.

I'm not sure if it's really that simple. Not every Xbox One owner cares about Halo and the same goes for Uncharted. The key to a Halo victory will be Base size. Simply calculate the tie ratios for Halo 4 and Uncharted 3 and multiple it against the imagined base at the time of release and go from there.

Anyone want to tackle this?

Guys calm down! This was a bet! Not something I was saying! Its ok to talk, but please keep this civilized!

CGI-Quality said:
true_fan said:

Well I was done with going back and forth with you is what i meant, but I will continue for a few more mintues. First off, the last of us might be the only game in history that was bundled twice, with two different releases, on 2 different platforms, within 1 year. Heck tlou was bundled during the holidays and is back bundled again now after it was bundled during the initial release. So how has tlou bundling been shot down, it has been budled almost consistently since June 2013.

Actually, plenty of games have been bundled more than once (heck, The MCC is a PACK of previously bundled games, now bundled with the Xbox One). More than that, are you actually claiming that the majority of TLOU's sales (both versions) are from bundles?

IIRC didn't TLoU ship around 7.5 Million on the PS3 before the bundling began? The PS3 version of TLoU was never bundled heavily anyway, maybe the PS4 version. 

OT: For the first three months Halo 5 should take it easily.