By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 5 will outsell Uncharted 4.

CGI-Quality said:
true_fan said:
To be the man, you have to beat the man. Woooooooooo. If we are being honest uncharted still has to beat the 2nd highest selling franchise on Xbox, Gears of War. Uncharted 1-3 have been some of the most bundled games ever and still hasn't topped Halo or Gears.

I would advise you not to start the bundled nonsense. Halo, Gears , and Uncharted have all been bundled at one time or another and both Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 are surely to be as well. Let that go.

Look at the last of us recently, that is how much sony bundles ND games. Halo and Gears get special consoles and controllers when they are bundled, not just packaged in.

Around the Network

Actually, thinking about it this is a rather cowardly proposed bet from the OP. Either that or its an admission that Halo's sales potential is considerably lower than it's current peak with Halo 3.

If you wanted to really take a risk you should be making a bet between Gears 5 and UC4. Last gen those were always the games that had closer sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Usa and uk most likely worldwide maybe not Halo sales have been in decline since Halo 3 and with Halo masterchief collection having bad matchmaking, me and my mate and many others will wait to see if Halo 5 suffers the same problems.

Also Uncharted games have been increasing in sales and there's the market share currently 18.5m vs 11m.

true_fan said:
To be the man, you have to beat the man. Woooooooooo. If we are being honest uncharted still has to beat the 2nd highest selling franchise on Xbox, Gears of War. Uncharted 1-3 have been some of the most bundled games ever and still hasn't topped Halo or Gears.

And gears and halo were not heavily bundled? MS even made consoles based on those games.

true_fan said:
CGI-Quality said:

I would advise you not to start the bundled nonsense. Halo, Gears , and Uncharted have all been bundled at one time or another and both Halo 5 and Uncharted 4 are surely to be as well. Let that go.

Look at the last of us recently, that is how much sony bundles ND games. Halo and Gears get special consoles and controllers when they are bundled, not just packaged in.

So it's still a bundle either way, which doesn't change the fact that all of them have been bundled at some point.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
true_fan said:

And gears and halo were not heavily bundled? MS even made consoles based on those games.

See comment above.

TheGoldenBoy said:
true_fan said:

So it's still a bundle either way, which doesn't change the fact that all of them have been bundled at some point.

No not even close to what you will see for a ND game, I never said it was bad. I'm just saying that heavy bundling supremely inflates sales for ND games.

CGI-Quality said:
true_fan said:

No not even close to what you will see for a ND game, I never said it was bad. I'm just saying that heavy bundling supremely inflates sales for ND games.

Except that it doesn't, since you can't pinpoint which sales are bundled and which aren't. It will also mean the same for any bundled game, not just the ones you choose to acknowledge to pepper an argument.

Well I'll stop here before this escalates, but we know which games rely on bundling. Halo for darn share isn't reliant upon bundling and still has some of the best sales in the industry.

super6646 said:

Yup, I went there..... Halo 5 will outsell Uncharted 4. Note it'll only be for a 3 month period since I'm to impatient. We're betting for 3 months of avatar control and 1 month of sig control. I'll choose who I want to bet against. Sooner or later however I'll lose one of these bets, my addiction is to much!

You are addicted to bets. It's time for an intervention.  We are only telling you this because we love you.  :)

In other news the sky is blue, walter white is dead and barrack obama is black.