By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders, 31st January 2015!Zelda MM and MH4 beasting,mario party u explodes!

Lawlight said:
MH4 over tracked, like the Nintendo hardware no doubt.

So, just needed to add that second comment in eh? lol

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Lawlight said:
MH4 over tracked, like the Nintendo hardware no doubt.

I was thinking that MH4U is overtracked as well, but I'm not sure if the JRPG rule applies here.  There's room for doubt, though I'm not sure what VGCHartz's record is for MH preorders. 

MH4U pre-order is  2 time more then the opening of the best Monster Hunter i don't see how this can be true

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

lol nintendo land in this thread, anyway nice to see the order cross 200,000 pre-orders.

I agree that Monster Hunter is most likely overtracked but I don't think by a massive amount, MH3U has sold over 35 0k in the US and that's with being a 3 year old port that also had a Wii U version release on the same day.

So there is a decent size fanbase for Monster Hunter already on 3DS and with this entry being brand new and fully exclusive, I think it's safe to say it will perform much better than MH3U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

small44 said:
MDMAlliance said:

I was thinking that MH4U is overtracked as well, but I'm not sure if the JRPG rule applies here.  There's room for doubt, though I'm not sure what VGCHartz's record is for MH preorders. 

MH4U pre-order is  2 time more then the opening of the best Monster Hunter i don't see how this can be true

It's not completely unlikely, especially when you consider the fact that Fire Emblem saw a considerable growth with Awakening.  I am not saying it definitely is the correct number, as I doubt that it's correct as well.  However, that doesn't mean it has to be false just because you don't think it's likely.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
small44 said:

It's not completely unlikely, especially when you consider the fact that Fire Emblem saw a considerable growth with Awakening.  I am not saying it definitely is the correct number, as I doubt that it's correct as well.  However, that doesn't mean it has to be false just because you don't think it's likely.

It could have growth but not in that extend
I saw Fire Emblem growth it's not that big growth

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

We need a nickname that accurately captures the complete lack of reliability this chart represents. Anyway, good for Monster Hunter. Also, Kingdom Hearts posts huge number for a game that could release sometime between now and the very end of time. Someone predicted 10:1 in favor of the PS4 and that may be a reality when all is said and done.

Without crossing the wall of fire that is the PSN cards on Amazon (or even Monster Hunter or Zelda for that matter) I fear that Evolve may fall prey to natural selection...

And finally, Quantum Break needs new info badly. At this point all anticipation has slowed to a crawl. I was expecting something back in December because I thought Microsoft would try to fit this in around June.

small44 said:
MDMAlliance said:
small44 said:

I too believe it is overtracked, but imo its not impossible. Like someone previously mentioned, MH3U on 3ds is near 350k in the US and thats a 3 year old port, who knows this game could potentially be big, especially with the n3ds release alongside MM 3D.

As MDM pointed out, Fire Emblem growth was huge, could well be another.

Just to be perfectly clear i too think its overtracked.

Will be interesting to compare these games numbers to their respective npds

small44 said:
MDMAlliance said:

I saw Fire Emblem growth it's not that big growth

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS 2012 Strategy Nintendo 0.60 0.31 0.52 0.08 1.52
2 Fire Emblem GBA 2003 Strategy Nintendo 0.49 0.18 0.29 0.01 0.97

VGChartz doesn't include digital, and we know for a fact that FE: Awakening got a lot of digital sales due to low stock.  The growth was big, for sure.