By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Disney may be acquiring Sony?

Yeah, If my aunt had ballz, she would be.....

Around the Network

I dont see what Disney would need Sony for.

I can see a future where Disney acquires all entertainment divisions of Sony, including SCE.

They could buy the Playstation brand from Sony and outsource the manufacturing of the hardware.

Not on this life

Ruler said:

SOE was sold by sony themselfs

I see, you're talking in terms of hostile takeovers then, correct?

Around the Network

You know what? This would be great for PlayStation if they use it wisely. I mean, they could release Disney Infinity products exclusively on PS systems, use Star Wars, Mickey, Avengers and other big IPs to produce AAA exclusives for PS systems, etc.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It would likely be Sony pictures, if Sony need more money to stay afloat I'd say that would be the next to go which would give Didney full access to most of Marvel's hero rights and imo that would be a better situation since we won't be getting split up movie heroes and timelines like we're seeing atm.

Would be hilarious if Disney bought all of Sony though, we'd probably see an animated Uncharted movie and God of War (which would be called a 300 ripoff to movie fans) and instead of "greatness awaits" it would probably go to "magic awaits" or "fantasy awaits", something Disney esque I'd imagine, it wouldn't make Sony "unstoppable" though it would mean that Sony is owned by Disney and is no longer itself anymore, I don't get how people can't compute that, it would be Dinsey would be unstoppable if anything since Sony would be the owned puppet.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Landguy said:
DonFerrari said:
Errr that is at most speculation about Disney being interested in buy if Sony wants to sell, nothing close to even a rumor.

This is like saying that because MS bought rare they are preparing to buy Nintendo.

I agree that this rumor is probably like many other rumors, just made up.  

But, unlike me or you looking at something that just happened and coming to your second statements conclusion, this article CLAIMS to have a source.  The validity of the source is not known, but thats the point of a rumor.

Well, anything for the hits I guess... He could said his source is an insider so it would have been shutted down already :)

But of course there is a possibility of Disney waiting to buy Sony. But what he is doing seems more like market manipulation (attempt at least).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

theprof00 said:
Lot of mistakes in this thread al around.

Someone said vgc is a website dedicated to speculations and parsed words and rumors. This is not true.

1. VGC is a sales analysis site.

2. Some people make it seem like they are really bad at it, but let's not take the bad examples and

3. brand the site as a bunch of people pulling numbers out of a hat.

Seeing as how I made that comment, I will reply to your thoughts by the numbers I inserted:

1.  Yes, it is a sales analysis site.  Thats' the very reason that I personally come here.  But, I know going in that the numbers provided by the Chartz are speculation.  Are there some well thought out ideas/formulas to make those predictions/speculations?  Sure, but it has been proven out that they are indeed very innacurate.  Even NPD isn't 100% accurate.  So, the threads related to NPD are conversations based on estimates.  If you consider that these forums go 24/7/365, and financials(most accurate or true numbers when they are even given) usually only come out quarterly.  So, almost all of the sales related threads are speculation.

2.  Sure, thats the whole point of the forums related to sales, to discuss the numbers and provide speculation as to how they occurred.  Or to grab a small sentence or tweet from someone in the industry and extrapulate(parsed words) as to its hidden meaning.

3. So, for the most part, we are not just pulling nummbers out of a hat - We agree on that.  But, trying to be overly restrictive on the definition what is correct or incorrect when we seldom have actual sales numbers is just what it is.  The forums themselves are not indicative of the site as a whole, but of just what they are.  Almost evey website forum is the same.  There are some people with true insight, some with crazy ideas, and most that are here just for the ride.

It is near the end of the end....