By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Hyrule Warriors Thread - Extensive FAQ Inside, Rupee Glitch Explained

Mnementh said:

I currently trying to get to the map in the bottom left of the standard adventure map. Only way to this is getting an A-rank on the map to the right. Might be the problem that I usually don't play zelda and she is necessary, but I can't get the A. I have A on the killed enemies, but only B on time and damage. I think I get too much damage from Wizzro. And I loose time in fighting back the troops that endager my HQ and Phai (already lost because she fled before). Any helpful tips here?

That's a tough map despite holding only a tier 2 weapon as a reward. You should use the wind waker instead of the rapier due to the recommended element, you should have at least the tier 2 lightning armor to reduce the damage taken (you can't afford to lose more than 10 hearts here), and your level should be at least in the mid to high 30s to dish out enough damage. If you don't meet all of these requirements, it's best to play something else and keep a note of the materials that you need for Zelda's lightning armors, so that you don't waste them on another character. I know that the temptation to clear an entire corner of the map is big, but the progress on the adventure map is never linear.

The general strategy is to go right after Wizzro and then Volga to wipe the biggest obstacles off the map. If you mess up and lose too many hearts, you won't lose that much time with a restart. The best way to handle Wizzro is to wait for his weak spot to get exposed while playing defensively, because running up to him and trying to get in a combo can and will end up with him throwing some fireballs right into your face; when he rotates to throw fireballs, you can roll right through them with the correct timing (there are invincibility frames during the dodge animation). Against Volga you should be more aggressive because your normal attacks can interrupt most of what he is going to try to do; it also forces him into his quick jump and stab attack that exposes his weak spot; roll quickly around him when he flashes and you should be able to avoid damage while getting yourself in prime position for an attack. If you can defeat both while losing six hearts or fewer, then you'll be quite good to go for the rest of the map. Not that it's going to be easy, but you'll have the toughest parts behind you already. Fighting the numerous gibdos shouldn't be too hard, but it's a busy map that requires a lot of going back and forth. The wind waker's YYYYYX combo (I hope I got that right) allows you to clean out fortresses quickly because the attack covers a wide area.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:

I currently trying to get to the map in the bottom left of the standard adventure map. Only way to this is getting an A-rank on the map to the right. Might be the problem that I usually don't play zelda and she is necessary, but I can't get the A. I have A on the killed enemies, but only B on time and damage. I think I get too much damage from Wizzro. And I loose time in fighting back the troops that endager my HQ and Phai (already lost because she fled before). Any helpful tips here?

That's a tough map despite holding only a tier 2 weapon as a reward. You should use the wind waker instead of the rapier due to the recommended element, you should have at least the tier 2 lightning armor to reduce the damage taken (you can't afford to lose more than 10 hearts here), and your level should be at least in the mid to high 30s to dish out enough damage. If you don't meet all of these requirements, it's best to play something else and keep a note of the materials that you need for Zelda's lightning armors, so that you don't waste them on another character. I know that the temptation to clear an entire corner of the map is big, but the progress on the adventure map is never linear.

The general strategy is to go right after Wizzro and then Volga to wipe the biggest obstacles off the map. If you mess up and lose too many hearts, you won't lose that much time with a restart. The best way to handle Wizzro is to wait for his weak spot to get exposed while playing defensively, because running up to him and trying to get in a combo can and will end up with him throwing some fireballs right into your face; when he rotates to throw fireballs, you can roll right through them with the correct timing (there are invincibility frames during the dodge animation). Against Volga you should be more aggressive because your normal attacks can interrupt most of what he is going to try to do; it also forces him into his quick jump and stab attack that exposes his weak spot; roll quickly around him when he flashes and you should be able to avoid damage while getting yourself in prime position for an attack. If you can defeat both while losing six hearts or fewer, then you'll be quite good to go for the rest of the map. Not that it's going to be easy, but you'll have the toughest parts behind you already. Fighting the numerous gibdos shouldn't be too hard, but it's a busy map that requires a lot of going back and forth. The wind waker's YYYYYX combo (I hope I got that right) allows you to clean out fortresses quickly because the attack covers a wide area.

Ah thanks. I didn't unlock the Wind Waker so far, just did that and instantly saw it is the element recommended for the level. I just have a weak one so far and I dislike the moves in my test-play, but I will see how that works out. Also learned in my failed attempts, that it is better to take over some fortresses despite the lost time, because it takes away pressure of the HQ.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

RolStoppable said:

As for A-ranks in those missions, they are pretty much the hardest on the entire map and thus will be among the last ones you will complete. For anything at 600 or higher, tier 3 weapons are a must and preferably level 50+, especially when Gohmas appear on the map. They are so fast that you can't run away and completely avoid them, so you have to kill them, or at least all except the last one. I am assuming that you want the A-rank rewards, so the real difficulty is to pull it off with the designated character. Otherwise Fi with her YYYX combo is an easy choice because she can plow through enemy lines quickly while hardly exposing herself to any hits from enemies. Remind me, what are the characters that you have to use for the rewards? Sheik, Ghirahim, Agitha, Ruto, anyone else?

There is also a Darunia and a Cia map.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
This game is more repetitive than Monster Hunter.

It has 13 maps compared to only five, and much more varied objectives. You also gain EXP on a grind run instead of potentially (and often) nothing.

I hope you were just trolling because you saw me mentioning Monster Hunter in my review.

Busted!  That's precisely what I was doing.  That being said, I do find Monster Hunter to be more enjoyable.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak.

That's no to say that I haven't had my share of fun with Hyrule Warriors.  I have beaten the majority of the Adventure Map sans a few missions.  For whatever reason I just lost interest in the game.  Picking up Smash Bros had something to do with this.  I probably will come back to Hyrule Warriors eventually and when I do will visit this thread and purchase the DLC.  It is a rather fun game in spurts.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Just wanted to say that the FAQ has been very helpful, and I've really made some progress. Thanks Rol!

Around the Network

Found a guide for farming materials. Maybe some people think this is helpful.
http://hyrulewarriorsmaterialsguide.yolasite.com/

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I still got to get this game damn it!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

there is something that doesnt make sense, why with the complete triforce thye heroes werent able to vanish ganondorf and they just sealed him but in skyward sword the complete triforce is able to vanish Demise which is obviosuly stronger?

megafenix said:
there is something that doesnt make sense, why with the complete triforce thye heroes werent able to vanish ganondorf and they just sealed him but in skyward sword the complete triforce is able to vanish Demise which is obviosuly stronger?

Skyward Sword is wrong, obviously.

On topic: I'll clean up the OP and add more things later this week. Maybe. I also plan to start a new file once the final DLC pack is released, so I will have a better idea of how to beat the more difficult missions on the various adventure maps.

In the mean time, if you have questions for specific missions, use letters for the rows and numbers for the columns, so the top left on the adventure map would be A-1, top right A-16, bottom left H-1, bottom right H-16. I'll address them eventually and also add them to the OP.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Last night I discovered something really helpful. Using the special attack for the kill against playable characters greatly increases your chance of getting their gold material. It may work for the strong enemy silver drops as well, I haven't tried those yet. No need for the material master potion. (but I did have materials+ on my weapon)

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK