By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Hyrule Warriors Thread - Extensive FAQ Inside, Rupee Glitch Explained

hentai_11 said:
RolStoppable said:

1. When do enemies expose their weak spots?
It usually happens after they perform one of their stronger attacks, so it's just a matter of observing and learning. However, there are a few special cases where you can speed up the process tremendously. Hit Darknuts and Stalmasters with a quick strike and immediately roll behind them. Zant only exposes his weak spot after you've successfully blocked a number of his attacks.

An additional Method to expose the weak spot ist to use magic. Start the Magic Attack, go near a monster and finish the attack early. The Monster should than reveal its weak spot.

Also: Can you give some hints how to solve the "kill 1000 enemies in 10 Minutes"-maps? (With A-Rank) I am usually running out of time ...

If possible, use Link with your most powerful spinner, preferably one that has lightning+ and strength V on it and spam the YYYYX attack.

Basically, keep hitting Y until he does a flip, while he's in the air hit X. When he lands the spinner creates a vortex that draws in all nearby enemies then finishes with a powerful shockwave.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network
NinjaguyDan said:
hentai_11 said:

Also: Can you give some hints how to solve the "kill 1000 enemies in 10 Minutes"-maps? (With A-Rank) I am usually running out of time ...

If possible, use Link with your most powerful spinner, preferably one that has lightning+ and strength V on it and spam the YYYYX attack.

Basically, keep hitting Y until he does a flip, while he's in the air hit X. When he lands the spinner creates a vortex that draws in all nearby enemies then finishes with a powerful shockwave.

Like Rol already guessed I have the Problem with specific Characters to get their additional Heart-Pieces. Link isn't really a Problem. His Fairy-Weapon can kill enemies fast enough ...

Agnetha and some others however ...

I read somewhere that bomb+ might be the way to go with her. I will try this next.

hentai_11 said:

Like Rol already guessed I have the Problem with specific Characters to get their additional Heart-Pieces. Link isn't really a Problem. His Fairy-Weapon can kill enemies fast enough ...

Agnetha and some others however ...

I read somewhere that bomb+ might be the way to go with her. I will try this next.

Agitha is superb with YYYYX, just make sure that you don't press the X button twice or she will summon her butterfly that slows you down a lot.  This specific combo is a fantastic line attack that makes it no problem to rack up 1,000 kills within 10 minutes and that's all you need to do with her, because a C-rank is good enough for the heart container on mission A-1. I think the first time I managed to finish it, I had bought EXP to get her up to level 65-70 and had about 1:30 left on the timer. I focused entirely on killing minions and didn't bother to kill officers, much less the Imprisoned Ones.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

The final DLC pack will be available in Europe this Thursday. Here's what it includes:

€2.99 / £2.69, or free with a Season Pass – Two new Challenge Modes (Boss Challenge and Ganon’s Fury) with five new alternatively-coloured costumes as rewards. Each mode contains three battle types across three difficulty levels, as well as one extra-difficult scenario.

So the pretty short (and pointless) Phirone challenge gets company. I assume that America will get this DLC pack either this or next week, priced between $3-4. Since one of the two modes is focused on bosses, this should be a good place to farm materials for those who are too impatient to just get them as a byproduct of completing adventure maps.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Termina map is broken.. Ugh ;--p level 50 ghirahim with best weapon not enough... Goron and zora masks nearly impossible to aquire to activate the owls... Very well put together map though.. Better than twilight map

Around the Network

Hi Cyber Friends again.
How do I find "hidden enemies"? Also, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to dig those blue rocks (using digging mits) in the first Adventure mode, second to the right in the very bottom left corner of the map? It's sparkling but nothing works.

After I used compass there was that and a rock face which I successfully bombed to unlock the victory reward for Zelda's moveset that I need to unlock - The WindWaker.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Hi Cyber Friends again.
How do I find "hidden enemies"? Also, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to dig those blue rocks (using digging mits) in the first Adventure mode, second to the right in the very bottom left corner of the map? It's sparkling but nothing works.

After I used compass there was that and a rock face which I successfully bombed to unlock the victory reward for Zelda's moveset that I need to unlock - The WindWaker.

The digging mitts are used for green areas with a black X on them. The blue rocks are actually butterflies and you have to use the goddess's harp.

Hi,

I have a weapons questions.

How do I get powerful once?

Lana – Midna – Child Link and a few more have dreadful ones…

And it takes time to up levels on characters.
I still haven’t finished any maps!

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
Hi,

I have a weapons questions.

How do I get powerful once?

Lana – Midna – Child Link and a few more have dreadful ones…

And it takes time to up levels on characters.
I still haven’t finished any maps!

More powerful weapon tiers are rewards on the standard adventure map (for the 13 characters in the left and middle column of the finalized roster) and the Master Quest map (Cia, Volga, Wizzro). Once you've unlocked these higher tiers of weapons, they get added to the mix of randomized weapon drops, so from then on it's a matter of luck. Replaying the mission that unlocks a specific weapon and clearing it with an A-rank guarantees you such a weapon, so it is possible to reduce the luck factor considerably and making it only a matter of amount of stars and skill slots for the weapon you desire. Twilight Midna, Tingle and Young Link are exceptions as all of their weapon tiers are unlocked as soon as you get these characters; Link's Epona and spinner, and Zelda's staff also have all of their tiers unlocked right off the bat, so for all of the aforementioned exceptions the only thing you can do is to play the game persistently and hope for the best.

As for leveling up, I'll copy-paste from the original post. It doesn't take much effort to get a character to level 30 and the requirements to do so are very low.

10. I am in dire need of a higher level to clear a certain map. How do I level up efficiently?
For the early game, play the final level of legends mode on easy (even doable with tier 1 weapons), equip a weapon with Experience+ and buy an Experience+ potion for 50 bronze materials and 10,000 rupees. One run should take around 15 minutes and net five or more level ups as long as you are below level 30. You shouldn't bother with this strategy anymore once you are past level 40. At that point most of the missions on the first adventure map can be cleared with relative ease; if not, simply buy EXP with rupees in the training room because your problem is probably a character you don't like to play as anyway.

If you don't have any DLC, the extra map in adventure mode is the best source for experience, although its missions aren't all that great for fast grinding. It's merely a last resort if you don't have any other options, meaning no purchased DLC and buying EXP with rupees doesn't work because that is only possible up to the level of your best character's level.

If you have bought DLC and already earned the tier 3 weapon for the character you want to level up, make your way to the bottom left square of the Master Quest adventure map, play with all possible Experience+ stuff and use magic efficiently to earn even more EXP. One run takes ten minutes, so including loading and result screens, you can do five runs per hour. During that timespan you can easily raise a character from level 40 to 80 which will not only prepare that character for the Twilight Princess adventure map, but also make pretty much everything easy on the first two adventure maps. The Master Quest map doesn't really require higher levels than 50. This level grinding can and should be combined with the unlocking of the 25,000 skills because you can rack up 2,000+ kills per run.

Midna is required for many stages but teh mopst powerfull weapon I have is 96... and she is level 41.

Switch!!!