By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Best way to promote your music.

Best way to promote your music if you're an indie artist guide... by me.

1. Your song needs to be your best song. Otherwise everything else is ruined.

2.You need a music video, cheap or not it doesn't matter, the important thing is that your music video needs to be shocking, like viral material.

3. Create a "Like Page" and promote your video via Facebook paying for a "Send people to your website" ad, the link of your website will be your music video on youtube. You can do the same via other social websites if you have the money, but it's not expensive if you do it right. But  Facebook and Youtube advertising services are the most important thing.

4. The thumbnail image and the title of the ad for your video need to be as shocking as your video.

5. After that, tell your friends, maybe they can help you spreading the video with their contacts.

6. Good luck.

This guide will be more useful than spamming every site saying "hey listen to my music please!!" Because it doesn't matter if you're the next Eminem or Tiesto, marketing is the most important thing.

Around the Network

Good advice! I've seen way too many people posting comments on popular music videos advertising their own stuff and it's such a turn-off. Piggybacking isn't smart.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Eeh, what? I'm sorry, I don't really understand the point of this...

sundin13 said:
Eeh, what? I'm sorry, I don't really understand the point of this...

I'm posting this on a lot of forums, this site has a music forum, so why not?!

But most importantly, you must be handsome if you want cheap and quick money.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

The best way is to play it in front of people.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

PayPal me $1000 a month and I will promote it for you.

Or you can make a demo CD and burn a bunch of copies. Then put them on windshield windows at the mall. Then bootleg the CD on torrent and offer it free on Facebook.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Or you could sign with a label and they can worry about the promoting.

pbroy said:
PayPal me $1000 a month and I will promote it for you.

Or you can make a demo CD and burn a bunch of copies. Then put them on windshield windows at the mall. Then bootleg the CD on torrent and offer it free on Facebook.

man.. who still owns a CD player... even my car audio set doesn't have a CD player anymore...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

amp316 said:
The best way is to play it in front of people.

I'm talking about massive marketing, the internet is the best tool to start.