By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Male or female vocals?

Male or female vocals?

Male 54 35.76%

Female 49 32.45%

Both 48 31.79%

Total:151

I listen to a wide range of music so it really can't count what outweighs the other. So I say both.

Around the Network

can't sing beyonce (female) songs in public, and I'm not of fan of her music. Body yes. music no.

I slightly prefer female. My favorite thing is when there's a band with guys and only the singer is female (ex: Paramore, No Doubt, Flyleaf, Evanescence, etc.)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I said both because it depends on the genre for me. In rock and rap male voices are better. In something like soul or pop female voices are better.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Sounds like a strange question to me.

I listen to both, Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald, Marvin Gaye and Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell, Iggy Pop and Patti Smith, The Carpenters and Steely Dan.

I'd never think about gender preference when it comes to music.

Around the Network

Depends on the music really, but I like to listen to a woman's voice every now and again.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

There are very few bands with female vocalists which play music I'm into, so probably male. Not sure if it is because I like male voices more or because female vocalists just aren't as common in the music I'm into though. I do quite enjoy when females appear as guest vocalists though, like in a number of Protest the Hero songs...

Most of the music I have has male lead vocals, so I guess male.

Who sings Call Me Maybe?

On rap and hip hop male but other genre i don't have a preference

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m