By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Male or female vocals?

Male or female vocals?

Male 54 35.76%

Female 49 32.45%

Both 48 31.79%

Total:151

Female for me

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I used to be all about female vocals when I was young and romantic and everything was like, "Oh man, she has the most beauuuutiful voice, she sings like an angel, ooh, blarghleblghrarhalrh..." But then I started to realize that most female vocalists sounds too similar, and it was the guys that could really stretch their range and do interesting things with their voices. Now all my favorites are male. The exception would be chill electronic music, because the female voice is just more soothing.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Both, whatever fits the song. Female vocals can be very beautiful, in j-pop and in opera I might even prefer female.

(video if it doesn't show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u0M4CMq7uI )

Female.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Depends who the singer is.

Around the Network
DerpSandwich said:
I used to be all about female vocals when I was young and romantic and everything was like, "Oh man, she has the most beauuuutiful voice, she sings like an angel, ooh, blarghleblghrarhalrh..." But then I started to realize that most female vocalists sounds too similar, and it was the guys that could really stretch their range and do interesting things with their voices. Now all my favorites are male. The exception would be chill electronic music, because the female voice is just more soothing.

I'm sure there is just as much music with interesting female singers that have a great range, it's simply a matter of finding it.

I dont like vocal music

No actual preference but the majority of musical voices I listen are female, again down to genre preference with Alt, pop and RnB often being dominated by women

I mostly listen to music with either male or no vocals, but I don't "prefer" male over female or anything. There are a lot of talented singers out there and I'd gladly listen to them all c:

Generally female, although there are some exceptions