By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Truck Stop - Website Development Updates - Keyboard navigation, yes or no?

Would you enjoy the forums having keyboard navigation (J/K to move up and down a post)?

I'd like that A LOT! 24 22.86%

It would be nice to have 24 22.86%

I don't think I'd use it 30 28.57%

Not really 16 15.24%

See results 10 9.52%

Total:104

How do you put youtube videos in ur sig? Both old methods don't work anymore

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Since it's more or less official at this point, i'll be working with trucks on site development.

My primary goal moving forwards is to improve the mobile/tablet experience for the site by fine tuning features and functionality as well as adding in mobile/tablet only elements too.

My own checklist for things to tackle are as such:

• Correct button state interaction with screen tap for "User" dropdown button, to prevent it instantly loading profile page on mobile/tablet.
  • Remove VGCBuddy code for mobile/tablet devices.
  • Replace removed VGCBuddy with new slide-in screen element.
  • Increase button sizes for mobile and fine tune spacing to reduce need to pinch zoom to press buttons
In addition to these user-side changes i'll be adding staff-side tools for better dealing with spambots and alt accounts.

Tachikoma said:

Since it's more or less official at this point, i'll be working with trucks on site development.

My primary goal moving forwards is to improve the mobile/tablet experience for the site by fine tuning features and functionality as well as adding in mobile/tablet only elements too.

• Correct button state interaction with screen tap for "User" dropdown button, to prevent it instantly loading profile page on mobile/tablet.
  • Increase button sizes for mobile and fine tune spacing to reduce need to pinch zoom to press buttons
In addition to these user-side changes i'll be adding staff-side tools for better dealing with spambots and alt accounts.

I'm replying to you so this comment is more or less quite visible to both you and Trucks. Was playing around with wall-post comments and hyperlink tags when I stumbled upon a bug. Perhaps one or both of you could look into it and/or lend some insight? Here is a copy/paste of my original comment:

"Ok so here is the issue if anyone wants to put their brain to the test.

Originally using the tags in a wall post comment will create a hyperlink, in which case the code of the link will read as your typical tag stuff. However, once the page has been refreshed the hyperlink will be replaced by simple text, and inspecting the text's element reveals the following code:

Anyone know why it is doing this and how to remedy it? I will be notifying Trucks and Tachi. It is the "delete_post_link" and deleting the child relationship to the parent object (I'm guessing that is what it means?) that I am wondering about."

Thanks for all future help.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

This is my favorite thread on the forum! Been any bug fixes lately?

I have nothing to add but continued thanks to Truck (and now Tachikoma) for all their hard work. Thanks guys!

Around the Network
shakarak said:
This is my favorite thread on the forum! Been any bug fixes lately?

Sadly no but I should get back to it this week after a crazy crazy month at work.

Signature goes here!

I don't know if it's exactly a bug, and I'm affraid that you won't be able to fix it without the help of ioi. Anyway:

Brett/ioi passed by the "Questions for Brett" thread and left this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7418208

ioi said:
MoHasanie said:
Brett, can you update our badges.

Done

Well, I've noticed that there's one badge that hasn't been updated to anyone, the "Age of Account" stops at the 5 years badge.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/badges/

The 6 years, 7 years, 8 years, etc badges are empty.

As I said, I don't know what (if anything) can be done about it, but I just wanted you to know.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Tachikoma said:

I think I've mentioned this before in this thread, but given that you'll be the one improving the mobile gersion I'll say it directly to you. (BTW I'm using Safari on an iPhone 5s)

Every green button (submit, quote, view post etc.) are bugged on my phone. I press them, but the only thing that happens is that the page scrolls a bit up. Ie. if I try to post a quick reply, when I press the submit button, it doesn't post, the page just scrolls up. The same thing happens if I try to quote. I've found a way to circumvent this, which is to instead of just pressing the button quickly, I hold it and the select "open in new tab". The odd thing is, the scrolling up thing doesn't happen all the time, sometimes the button does what it's supposed to, sometimes it jusy scrolls up...

Would be really neat if you'd fix this!

Trucks, there is a problem with the Republic of Xbox thread. Whenever I click on the thread in the VGC buddy to see new posts, it always takes me to the post right before a new post.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Trucks, there is a problem with the Republic of Xbox thread. Whenever I click on the thread in the VGC buddy to see new posts, it always takes me to the post right before a new post.

I was going to point out that not even Truck can fix that thread's problem, but then I read your second sentence and realized the problem at issue is more local than I imagined.