By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is 10 Hours Long On Average/Shorter If You Miss A Lot Of Stuff..

HintHRO said:
So getting the first trophy takes about what? 3-5 hours? That's highly unlikely since most games provide the first trophy already after pressing start. 10 hours is still short if there are many cutscenes. MGS4 was like 20 hours, but it felt like I only played 5-10 hours.

Do you know when I got my first trophy in The Last of Us? -- When I finished the game!

You cannot make assumptions on trophies based on "most games". Maybe it would be easier to just look at the trophy list to find out.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
So getting the first trophy takes about what? 3-5 hours? That's highly unlikely since most games provide the first trophy already after pressing start. 10 hours is still short if there are many cutscenes. MGS4 was like 20 hours, but it felt like I only played 5-10 hours.

You felt ??  mmm, did you really play MGS4 ?? it last a lot longer than this.  Make a good strategy, explore it, and it can take 20-30 hours to finish. 

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
HintHRO said:

You felt ??  mmm, did you really play MGS4 ?? it last a lot longer than this.  Make a good strategy, explore it, and it can take 20-30 hours to finish. 

True. One of its emblems takes 35hrs to unlock. Chicken emblem, and you need it for a trophy.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
HintHRO said:

His first trophy was "Kill 5 enemies with a headshot during Blacksight" and then his 2nd trophy was about 2 hours later. This doesn't seem like one of those "finish a level, get a trophy" games.

jlmurph2 said:
HintHRO said:

His first trophy was "Kill 5 enemies with a headshot during Blacksight" and then his 2nd trophy was about 2 hours later. This doesn't seem like one of those "finish a level, get a trophy" games.

Indeed, I read in one of these threads or perhaps an online article that The Order has no progression trophies, except for the finish the game trophy of course. So that means all trophies have to be earned by doing specific things. Some you will probably do without having to think about them, but most you will probably need to at least know what they are so you can make sure you do what needs to be done. I prefer trophies like that as long as they aren;t too tedious to do. With games like that it can take over half of the initial play through to earn your first trophy. Pretty sure I was 1/2 way through TLOU before I got my first trophy, or definitely over 1/3 of the way through.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Of course it is. I'm so glad I preordered and I know The Order is going to surprise a lot of people.

Why do some people actually believe nonsense like this unconfirmed 5 hour playthrough :-O Some also really love jumping to conclusions. Why don't just wait until concrete information? I guess I will never get this...

Anyway, The Order: 1886 is already pre-ordered, and I just can't wait to finally play it

PwerlvlAmy said:
o_O.Q said:
the hate this game is getting is unreal kind of reminds me of playstation all stars

I met even playstation fans that hated on playstation all stars

Meh. Wasn't a terrible game. It just lacked so horribly in the content department. I remember that original demo they showed of sort of adventure mode where they were fighting on the train from UC2 with Warhawks flying by and shooting them. Kind of like SSBB's subspace emmissary. Why they ever kanked that idea, I will never understand. The gameplay was great; it just really needed more modes and unlockable characters.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Great news. This is a day 1 buy for me. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did beat it under 5 hours, because they probably rushed through it. Remember when ND did a rushed play through of UC3, and beat it in under 3 hours? When we got the chance to do it, the game was easily 12 + hours.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I just hope it's really 10+hrs. I cant stand very short games no matter how good the gameplay is. 15 hours should be ideal for $60.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”