By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sales 2014 vs 2015 - Week by Week Comparison - UP 35,162 Units YoY

Updated with new figures

Around the Network

let's see how it does

This will be interesting. Hopefully it trends higher soon given the amount of games this year.

EEJLND said:
Great thread!

Agreed. I like how we have a measuring stick and comparison chart for determine the weekly changes! Always insightful to figure out what Sony should do down the road! :D

To the OP: Regarding the trend, cannot say I am surprised thus far. The PS4 will still grow, but not like its explosion in 2014. Many gamers already have the PS4, and now are waiting for the beginning of the NovaStorm Sony has in terms of exclusives; starting with Order. Once that happens, I'd expect numbers to increase  naturally for a while for 2015; keeping up with 2014, and by E3, Batman Arkahm Knight and a possible price cut should help it shoot past the difference within 2 weeks or the start of July. September of 2014 will likely either widen or close the gap; depending if he price cut happens. Remainder of the year though should see an upwards trajectory.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Good job on this thread!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Updated with new numbers

Last week PS4 is up YoY for some time

So the PS4 is only 8k up on last year at this point, i thought it would have been way up on last year !

PS4 is massive undertracked, we all know this.
Any way, this thread cont even the last week of December... that is not good.

PS4 did equal to last year for now, by March will be up thanks the China launch.

This is a few weeks behind now.. and also VGChartz adjusted a bunch of numbers for the older weeks..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

So this has been abandon ?

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m