By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart, 17th January 2015

Welfare said:
Those US numbers just don't look right for the Xbox One.

Agreed, either PS4 undertracked or XB1 overtracked, or a 50/50 combination of both. It just doesn't make sense for XB1 to have a similar drop in % as PS4 while increasing in price $50.

Around the Network

3DS is holding pretty well being so close to the New 3DS release date. I thought it would dip below 100k earlier.

PS4 is doing great and XOne seems to be growing in Europe lately. That's something interesting. So far Wii U is doing better than last year too. :)

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

hmm.. those AC4: Black Flag(X1) sales look odd, afaik it should be a pack in with pretty much every X1 sold right now, right?

Areym said:
With the changes last week, the PS4 slightly beat the Xbox One by like 700 units, basically a tie. This week, it looks like the gap widen a bit. They brought the price back down after the 18 to $350, so i guess we can expect the X1 to beat the PS4 or tie once again in the USA.

PS4 Looks to stay on top but the Xb1 is looking pretty good too.

I was expecting the same, but it's been losing ground on all the online charts since the pricecut was reinstated. The only rationale that I can see there is that the holidays pushed X1 sales forward.

Intrinsic said:
Where is that turkey guy? Funny how some people talk up a storm then when the "facts" that backed up their initial claims pans out to be wrong, and the prediction they made for the following week also turns out to be wrong, they just become scarce and act like it never happened.

He/she can't say he/she hasn't seen this weeks numbers and the adjustments to last weeks numbers.

I still feel the XB1 was a little high last week and maybe even this week.

It's odd the see the X1 slide down the retail charts, get adjusted down in the US, then get adjusted up WW.

Has MS been pushing it abroad (I'm from the US.)?

Around the Network

USA and RoW is either to high too x1 or too low for ps4. By all the rankings the gap should be a lot bigger.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The, XB one US adjustment still seems a bit light given the % change is roughly the same as most other hardware. The normal course of market events would be a post holiday drop significantly greater than other hardware that did not receive a price hike. But at least 10 jan chart looks a lot better than before when it had a smaller post holiday drop than everything else. Very surprised that xb one got significantly adjusted up globally but slightly adjusted down in the USA.

Ps4 falling a fair bit, I wonder where it will stabilise. 130k perhaps?

How many times has it been now that certain people have celebrated, and vehemently defended xb one wins in the USA on vgc only for adjustments to reverse the situation? One reason I could tell there would be adjustments is that certain more analytical xb fans were absent from debates on the USA numbers for 10 jan week. When those people are missing from such discussions it is very likely because they don't believe them so they stay out of it and see what adjustments do.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Some good numbers all around, hope sometime in 2015 all three companies firmly state sold consoles (odds of happening are about 1%)

Vita.
I do not believe this charts! 

Still not low enough. I think they can get lower next week.

Wasn't there someone saying PS4 won't get below 180k this year?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.