By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart, 17th January 2015

PS4 ahead of X1 but only by 3k. Guess we can expect to X1 to be ahead next week when the price is back at $350. Amazon has predicted otherwise, but maybe it will be wrong for the first meaningful time.

EU seems rather close between PS4 and X1 as well. Not sure what is supposedly providing X1's boost. VGC must have it winning UK again for a start, but we have not heard anything from MCV.

Around the Network

Poor Wii U and Vita.
As always.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

In line with my expectation this bodes well for overall harware sales, January will be the weakest month for PS4/X1, Wii U will probably be feb.

I still have an issue with the Xbox One numbers. How is it that the Xbox One sold more when it went off sale last week than it did this week. That never happens. I feel like the US numbers for Xbox One were either too high last chart, or too low this chart. It just doesn't seem consistent with real world scenarios.

CosmicSex said:
I still have an issue with the Xbox One numbers. How is it that the Xbox One sold more when it went off sale last week than it did this week. That never happens. I feel like the US numbers for Xbox One were either too high last chart, or too low this chart. It just doesn't seem consistent with real world scenarios.

on amazon it actually fell by a good bit after the cut. sales weren't  great either way. 

Around the Network

So, NPD will tell us that XOne is up and PS4 is down YoY?

Cuz VGChartz says it is.

Dark_Feanor said:

Cuz VGChartz says it is.

No, that reasoning isn't solid enough.  See my comment I posted above yours.    It just doesn't make sense to me.  Why is the Xbox One down this week?   Its on sale so shouldn't it be up above when it was $399.    None of it makes sense to me. And if it is the case, why?  Why would the Xbox One go down when it goes back on sale?  I for one am anxiously awaiting NPD.

Interesting that 3DS & Wii U sales are so similar in America. With New 3DS being released on Feb 13th, I expect to see sales drop pretty low in the coming weeks.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
CosmicSex said:

on amazon it actually fell by a good bit after the cut. sales weren't  great either way. 

One thing that makes it more complex is that Amazon never had the Xbox One at 399.  Remember?  There is a possibility that it was up because it was the only location saling for under MSRP that week.  

Edit, hmmm.  I stand corrected.  The Xbox One was still $399 for most of that week.  

CosmicSex said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Cuz VGChartz says it is.

No, that reasoning isn't solid enough.  See my comment I posted above yours.    It just doesn't make sense to me.  Why is the Xbox One down this week?   Its on sale so shouldn't it be up above when it was $399.    None of it makes sense to me. And if it is the case, why?  Why would the Xbox One go down when it goes back on sale?  I for one am anxiously awaiting NPD.

Because according to VGChartz sales always go down this week.

May be last year the PS4 shortages affected weeks development. But any other year sales tend to drop for every console.