By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Aura7541 said:
binary solo said:
Aura7541 said:

Also, people can get a PS4, TLOU, and The Order for $429. I think that is helping The Order stay in the Top 20.

Does Amazon count game sales like that? Has that been confirmed or are you assuming? I think it is certainly the reason PS4 has climbed back into the top 10. But whether that is also why The Order has not dropped all that fast would need some independant confirmation. It could be why the game as a stand alone item has fallen a few places in the last several hours. Though I personally would be expecitng the Order to be falling at a steady pace, it's just whether that's a quick pace or slow pace that's the question.

It's a theory of mine and I think it makes sense. When Amazon started offering the PS4 with TLOU, we would have expected two PS4 SKUs in the hourly rankings. However, we didn't. In addition, Amazon has updated the bundle a few times such as adding Shadow of Mordor or 1 year of PS+. I think whenever people buy the PS4 with TLOU and The Order, it counts as a sale for the PS4 and The Order.

If that was true  The Order: 1886 wouldn't have had 3 SKU's in the top 100 like it did a few days ago.

Each SKU is considered separately.

Around the Network

Looks like The Order will be out of the top 20 within the next few hours, almost certainly before Monday rolls around. CE is already well out of the top 100. The second week drop will be heavy.

PS4 is absolutely benefiting from the TLOU/The Order deal. The rate the Order is dropping I'm not sure Amazon is counting sales in the bundle into sales for the stand alone game. All reviewers aside from the ones giving it a terrible score would probably bump their review score up 2 points if the game launched at $30.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Looks like The Order will be out of the top 20 within the next few hours, almost certainly before Monday rolls around. CE is already well out of the top 100. The second week drop will be heavy.

PS4 is absolutely benefiting from the TLOU/The Order deal. The rate the Order is dropping I'm not sure Amazon is counting sales in the bundle into sales for the stand alone game. All reviewers aside from the ones giving it a terrible score would probably bump their review score up 2 points if the game launched at $30.

Its very obvious that sales of the bundles won't count as sales of the standard game. That happens with every game.

Sad to see Bloodborne climbing, hope it ends up flopping big time.

Roronaa_chan said:

Why? You don't like this game?

Around the Network

The Order starting to fall already. Down to #13.

Not going to have legs as expected. Will be even worse on stores, where there is no doubt a decent amount of used copies already available

BraLoD said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Why? The Souls games are so good!

I think he is joking based on his post history. Probably referencing something

BraLoD said:
Type-0 is doing very well, nice.

PS3 fell to #51, still very good.

Bloodborne rising, at #66 now
Collector's Edition fell one position, at #40 now

Has anyone noted the large disparity between Final Fantasy Type 0 PS4 and Xbox One, which is at 368.  I say this because I was always an advocate of the idea that gamers tastes aren't really seperated by console... however clearly, JRPG fans skew heavily in favor of the PS4.  There seem to be some genres that skew in favor of the Xbox One.  

CosmicSex said:
BraLoD said:
Type-0 is doing very well, nice.

PS3 fell to #51, still very good.

Bloodborne rising, at #66 now
Collector's Edition fell one position, at #40 now

Has anyone noted the large disparity between Final Fantasy Type 0 PS4 and Xbox One, which is at 368.  I say this because I was always an advocate of the idea that gamers tastes aren't really seperated by console... however clearly, JRPG fans skew heavily in favor of the PS4.  There seem to be some genres that skew in favor of the Xbox One.  

There are are definitely some differences in taste between consoles in the west. Shooters will almost always have a higher attach rate on Xbox, and the same is true for most Japanese games on PS, especially JRPGs. When Kingdom Hearts III was lowered in price recently, I think by mistake, the PS4 version went straight to #1, and the X1 version to #2. The PS4 version was still in the top 10 on the hourly chart by the time the X1 version had left the top 100

Is it weird that the order has twice as many ratings as majoras mask?