By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Aura7541 said:
Bloodborne Collector's Edition is at #39. The regular SKU is at #71.

Looks like The Order is starting to decline, albeit gradually. I wonder how well it will hold up after a week and then, after a month.

My guess would be out of the top 100 by the end of the month. Only a price cut would bring it back in the top 100 after that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Aura7541 said:
Bloodborne Collector's Edition is at #39. The regular SKU is at #71.

Looks like The Order is starting to decline, albeit gradually. I wonder how well it will hold up after a week and then, after a month.

My guess would be out of the top 100 by the end of the month. Only a price cut would bring it back in the top 100 after that.

Also, people can get a PS4, TLOU, and The Order for $429. I think that is helping The Order stay in the Top 20.

Aura7541 said:
binary solo said:

Also, people can get a PS4, TLOU, and The Order for $429. I think that is helping The Order stay in the Top 20.

Does Amazon count game sales like that? Has that been confirmed or are you assuming? I think it is certainly the reason PS4 has climbed back into the top 10. But whether that is also why The Order has not dropped all that fast would need some independant confirmation. It could be why the game as a stand alone item has fallen a few places in the last several hours. Though I personally would be expecitng the Order to be falling at a steady pace, it's just whether that's a quick pace or slow pace that's the question.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Aura7541 said:

Does Amazon count game sales like that? Has that been confirmed or are you assuming? I think it is certainly the reason PS4 has climbed back into the top 10. But whether that is also why The Order has not dropped all that fast would need some independant confirmation. It could be why the game as a stand alone item has fallen a few places in the last several hours. Though I personally would be expecitng the Order to be falling at a steady pace, it's just whether that's a quick pace or slow pace that's the question.

It's a theory of mine and I think it makes sense. When Amazon started offering the PS4 with TLOU, we would have expected two PS4 SKUs in the hourly rankings. However, we didn't. In addition, Amazon has updated the bundle a few times such as adding Shadow of Mordor or 1 year of PS+. I think whenever people buy the PS4 with TLOU and The Order, it counts as a sale for the PS4 and The Order.

It will be interesting to see where the order ends up. There were a bunch of predictions about Evolve vs The Order and someone had mentioned LoZ: MM... I think Zelda may come out on top. The Order is either 1 or 2 and there is a chance that COD or GTA (or both) beat Evolve.

Around the Network

Bundled games don't count on the Amazon charts, but if the games are a separate physical skew they count on NPD.

And yep, The Order begins its decline (now #13). It'll probably drop below the X1 later.

Its crazy that all the cards are actually at the top dominating. Exclude just that and the top 10 is completely different!

Yeah FF Hype. Hope it tops March NPD.

Final Fantasy Type-O HD is doing well in the US. I think it might sell more than Battlefield: Hardline and a lot more than Bloodborne.