By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Teeqoz said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
wow. been away for a really long time. back when I last used to post here we used to kill a baby seal everytime someone mentioned Amazon. So Amazon is now considered a legit method to determine sales?

Is VGC considered a legit method to determine sales?

Japan and UK are nearly always spot on. America too about a month after the weekly chart goes up and adjustments are made. Rest of the world including the eu not so much 

Around the Network
riecsou said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

thats is really ironic. pretty sure it was close to becoming a bannable offense at one people because it kept starting huge flamer wars.

It actually was during January and February and even during March.

But after PS4 won NPD in March with the release of Titanfall, where VGC gave the Xbox One a confortable win, people started becoming more inclined to use Amazon. Since it has been right since then in getting the winner. But once Amazon get it wrong it will be forgotten again until it get another streak of having it right.

People won't abandon Amazon quite so readily. If the month Amazon gets it wrong it has Xb one and PS4 very close in the monthly rankings it just means we will now the limitations of Amazon's reliability. If the following month the Amazon gap is large then we can still be very be confident that the front running console will win NPD. Amazon will probably never be 100% accurate when there gap is small. 

The Order at 6 only Majora's mask is ahead aside from gift cards.

Xb one reappears in the top 20. I expect both consoles to drop a notch in the next montly update.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Kerotan said:
Teeqoz said:

Japan and UK are nearly always spot on. America too about a month after the weekly chart goes up and adjustments are made. Rest of the world including the eu not so much 

UK is a bit spotty. Thnigs have gone quite under/over at times. The only country that is highly accurate is Japan week to week because local trackers freely publish numbers and weekly and VGC basically averages the locally published numbers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The Order is number 5!

If the order can beat the DLC infested Evolve in sales, that'd be awesome.

Kirby has entered the top 50!

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Teeqoz said:

UK sales arent. they are constantly adjusted. 

Zalda #3 (this game is beasting, gonna top NPD easily. just wow!)
The Order #5 (go johny go go go!!!)
PS4 #11
XB1 #18

The Order CE #37

doesnt seem the PS4 is rising from the order, at least its not what it shows.

bananaking21 said:

PS4 #11
XB1 #18

The Order CE #37

impossible to say really. we will never know if the PS4 would be lower if it were not for The Order.

That said, PS4 performing similiar to January so I would lean towards your opinion.

Also the volume is impossible to tell, the consoles sell the more cards people are going to buy with them. So they could all be rising but remaining relatively equal. I doupt this because there is nothing that should be making the XOne rise at this point in time.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

bananaking21 said:

PS4 #11
XB1 #18

The Order CE #37

what i have noticed is the xbox one has distanced itself from the ps4 quite nicely on the lead up to the order.

bananaking21 said:

PS4 #11
XB1 #18

The Order CE #37

You don't typically expect hardware sales to go up until after a game releases. With prime shipping I suppose Amazon could get a HW boost before launch, but only 48hrs before launch I would think.

Still over all for this game I don;t expect more than a 20% increase in sales week over week. This isn't a highly popular established franchise so people should not expect all that much of a hardware effect form it, even if it does get great reviews and good word of mouth.

Jimi Hendrix