By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Intrinsic said:
epicurean said:

I'm pretty sure it will be low either way.  If people are going to the trouble of bashing it non-stop in forums, they will surely rate it a 0 on metacritic to lower the score.  

he said on amazon. unlke metacritic, i think you can only rate products you bought on amazon 

No I'm pretty sure you can rate it, but it won't have a Verified Purchase mark beside the review/score

I don't live in the USA so clearly never purchased it :D

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
BraLoD said:

Considering HW it has been amazingly successful and turned to be one, if not the most, reliable indicator to who is selling more in USA.

Considering SW... Dunno, we just like seeing games doing well there XD

thats is really ironic. pretty sure it was close to becoming a bannable offense at one people because it kept starting huge flamer wars.

Yeah I remember seeing that, especially after E3 when everyone was up in arms over when, if, etc Xbox One would make a comeback and so on; lot of fierce arguments over its sales health for a while there.  I actually remember someone making a thread requesting that referencing Amazon Hourly in sales discussions be a bannable offense.  This was back before I joined when I was lurking.

Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:

It did about 20K in the UK. Which is OK but I'm not sure the MM love will necessarily be shared across the world.

Great to See The Order break well and truly into the top 10 despite the ongoing interwebs negativity. I find it funny that people use "interactive movie" as an insult for some games. Quite honestly I've been waiting my entire gaming life for games to become interactive movies (not all games obviously, we still need variety), so when I read that description about a game it actually gets me interested. The Order CE nicely at #36 too. Next monthly update should see The Order push ahead of Xb one I think.

PS4 itching to get back into the top 10.

Xb one stubbornly staying just outside the top 20.

It did +30,000 in UK, possible 35,000. (more than ALBW)

Just for be correct.

How is the math on 30-35K? For 35K to represent a 57% WoW increase that means 7 Feb hardware total for all console would have to be 55K. That would be major undertracking by VGC if so. There's nothing in the software charts for 31 Jan or 7 Feb that would suggest total hardware would be substantially different to VGC's 24 Jan total of 31K. Even to get 30K the 7 Feb combined hardware would need to be 45K.

Have we had some official GFK hardware numbers published recently which proves VGC undertracking for January?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Kirby enters the top 60. Keep on rollin Kirby. Let's see how high it goes.

Also 3DS really high for Amazon (they don't sell directly). It's looking like there will probably be quite the hardware boost from N3DS+Zelda.

Nuvendil said:

Also 3DS really high for Amazon (they don't sell directly). It's looking like there will probably be quite the hardware boost from N3DS+Zelda.

120K or more I think. 150K possibly. Globally 200-250K perhaps?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Nuvendil said:

120K or more I think. 150K possibly. Globally 200-250K perhaps?

It's really hard to judge since Amazon isn't much help.  Since they don't sell directly, Nintendo hardware is never accurately represented. 

tokilamockingbrd said:

thats is really ironic. pretty sure it was close to becoming a bannable offense at one people because it kept starting huge flamer wars.

It actually was during January and February and even during March.

But after PS4 won NPD in March with the release of Titanfall, where VGC gave the Xbox One a confortable win, people started becoming more inclined to use Amazon. Since it has been right since then in getting the winner. But once Amazon get it wrong it will be forgotten again until it get another streak of having it right.

tokilamockingbrd said:
wow. been away for a really long time. back when I last used to post here we used to kill a baby seal everytime someone mentioned Amazon. So Amazon is now considered a legit method to determine sales?

Is VGC considered a legit method to determine sales?

Teeqoz said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
wow. been away for a really long time. back when I last used to post here we used to kill a baby seal everytime someone mentioned Amazon. So Amazon is now considered a legit method to determine sales?

Is VGC considered a legit method to determine sales?

Are sales a legitimate method to determine sales?

There is no spoon.

tokilamockingbrd said:

It's not so much determining specific sales, it's simply been (literally) 100% accurate in determining the NPD winner, so far this gen.  Does that mean it will forever?  Nope.  But, it's actually kind of remarkable that it's been so consistent.