By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

thedawghousev2 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Let's say +350,000 PS4 in February NPD.

agreed, how much do you think the ps4 will sell in north america for january? i have no guess.

Probabily less than last year, because Sony have sold the PS4 not sold in December (because not shipped) during first Q1 of the year.

So, i'm go with:

Jen: 225,000

Feb: 360,000

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
thedawghousev2 said:

agreed, how much do you think the ps4 will sell in north america for january? i have no guess.

Probabily less than last year, because Sony have sold the PS4 not sold in December (because not shipped) during first Q1 of the year.

So, i'm go with:

how much did the ps4 sell in february last year?

thedawghousev2 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

So, i'm go with:

how much did the ps4 sell in february last year?

BraLoD said:
#23 Evolve (PS4)
#41 Evolve (XBO)

Man Evolve is doing horrible on the XBO even with exclusive ad!

xbox might be getting outsold worse than last year. maybe most of the people who really wanted an xbox one actually did get one during the holidays

Zelda Majora Mask in Top 5.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
thedawghousev2 said:

xbox might be getting outsold worse than last year. maybe most of the people who really wanted an xbox one actually did get one during the holidays

That seems to happen a lot, they have spare money and time to play so they pick one during the holiday sales.
While the PS4 keeps selling all over the year.

yeah because usually when a game is marketed towards xbox, especially when it's an fps, it sells better in america on the xbox one.  however, they all eventually sell better on ps4 in america. for instance, battlefield 4 for some time was ahead of ps4 in america, ps4 has now surpassed it. call of duty ghosts xbox one is still ahead in america, advanced warfare xbox one is still ahead in america, but it's been outsold according to vgchartz and amazon the last few weeks. now evolve.

BraLoD said:
#23 Evolve (PS4)
#41 Evolve (XBO)

Man Evolve is doing horrible on the XBO even with exclusive ad!

I have a feeling that it's going to be even worse with The Witcher III considering its genre.

Evolve was well recieved until those DLC announcments and the Beta. People did not enjoy the Beta.

MS wasted money on another advertising deal it appears

BraLoD said:
celador said:
MS wasted money on another advertising deal it appears

Gladly their money is infinite.

MS's money may be near infinite, but their patience probably isn't.  That's what I fear could ultimately bite Xbox in the rear; profits do matter to MS.  People think that since MS is rich, losses are nothing.  On the contrary, the whole reason they are rich is because they have historically cared a great deal about profits.  If Xbox has another gen of massive losses, the sales success honestly won't mean much to the opponents of the Xbox brand within MS.