By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will we see a 1TB game?

When will we see the first Terabyte game?

10 years in the future. 144 46.91%

20 years in the future. 95 30.94%

30 years in the future. 18 5.86%

40 years in the future. 13 4.23%

50 years in the future. 11 3.58%

60 years in the future. 1 0.33%

70 years in the future. 1 0.33%

80 years in the future. 1 0.33%

90 years in the future. 3 0.98%

More than 100 years in the future. 20 6.51%

Total:307

that will be the day when a game would cost $100

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I think a 4K elder scrolls with as much content as morrowind and gameplay of skyrim would probably pull that off. Edit. Oh yeah. The game would actually work too.

You have to consider the amount of content that would need to be produced to make that game that size. It may not even have a human developer, as it would take a large amount of time.

There's going to come a day when robots are the developers of the games we play. So, I'd say 60-75 years until we get a 1TB game.

The Robot who makes that game will probably do it for the sake of saying it made a game that's 1TB in file size. Let's hope it's a good one. It might.

Probably 10-20 years. In 5 years we might get the first 20TB consumer drives so until that is the cheap standard I don't think we will see them.

MGS 45. It will have 20 1/2 hrs of cutscenes

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I say, 15 years. The game size will grow slowly because devs don't use movies, they use in engine cut scenes witch takes less space. But in the 10th console generation, the ram will be around 256 gb to 512, then games will hit the 1tb barrier more easily.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Burning Typhoon said:
You have to consider the amount of content that would need to be produced to make that game that size. It may not even have a human developer, as it would take a large amount of time.

There's going to come a day when robots are the developers of the games we play. So, I'd say 60-75 years until we get a 1TB game.

The Robot who makes that game will probably do it for the sake of saying it made a game that's 1TB in file size. Let's hope it's a good one. It might.

We already have games over 100GB, you think it will take an extra 75 years when we know that 4k and 8k gaming are almost certain in the next 5-10 years??? any games aiming for 4k or 8k with movie cut scenes can easily hit 1TB.

Never...

In consoles will take like 10-15 years. We need a petabyte drive to start thinking about 1Tb games.

The culprit will be either a final fantasy or gran turismo.

Dat lightning ass on 8k or tail.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Within 10 years, unless we come up with some kind of new magical lossless compression.