By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 TV Ad

Fusioncode said:
true_fan said:

PS R@D themselves made the comments about them wanting to do movies and not being overly excited about making games. I did not just make that up.

Actually you did make that up. 

Check my post above this and then come back and talk to me. I really made all that up.

Around the Network
true_fan said:

Oh I'm making it up, check these interviews out. You can type in google ready at down dislikes gameplay and get a bunch of hits or even ready at dawn like movies.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/ready-at-dawn-while-making-the-order-1886-sometimes-we-forgot-we-were-making-a-game/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/464912/previews/hands-on-and-interview-the-order-1886s-e3-demo-showcases-style-over-substance/

Heres some quotes from Ru Weerasiray-CEO & Design Director & Game Director Dana Jan in seperate interviews

Weerasuriya: It’s not hard when you forget that you’re making a video game. We sometimes go for long periods of time without designing a single gameplay area. It’s just that much more fun to write a fantastic story that goes along with some really beautiful settings. We live and breathe movies here.

Weerasuriya: Of course, we’re still restricted to the archaic nature of the video game with its need for gameplay. But we’re not going to fall for the trap of trying to create interesting mechanics when we could be spending that time focusing on the character animations.

Jan: Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it.

It doesn't sound like gameplay was their priority which is why  most people buy video games, to play them.

That's what I said, not what you said, so yes you're definitely making it all up.

This game is gonna be awesome. Reviews will be higher than expected and it'll sell very well I'm sure of it. Waiting for my Premium Edition.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

And from the other link that isn't a satirical website...how about actually finishing the paragraph instead of cutting it off where it's convenient?

"it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it's what we start with. It's at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that. I think it'd be more challenging to make a game for the gameplay's sake, then try to make a story that fits in there."

Exactly what I said and I can only *clap* at these words. It's not even new and has been the practice of several devs in the past, including some of the biggest names in the industry.

Still a crappy website cause of the clickbait title, i mean they actually had some very nice things to say about the demo and yet needed to jump on that bandwagon for hits sake.

And using "style over substance" is an insta F grade for a writer. Style + substance > substance. And because RAD thankfully has a good design philosophy, the game has both, where many TPSes lack in one or the other.

im not really interested in this game at all, but if for some reason get 80+ on meta, i might actualliy try it for the graphics =3

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Fusioncode said:

Actually you did make that up. 

Check my post above this and then come back and talk to me. I really made all that up.

Read the post. Had nothing to do with what you were saying.

So yes you are making it all up. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It's enough and centred, very good.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Has anyone seen this air on TV yet?

Trailer was pretty good in my opinion.

I prefer the one that is a faux news report about two students receiving plans for a weapon and trying to recreate it.