By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 TV Ad

true_fan said:

Once again R@D reaffirms their statements about wanting to make movies using the words "cinematic" "gorgeous" "visually phenomenal". They could have at least used one adjective to describe how fun the game is.

RAD didn't do anything, Sony made the ad and the statements are from gaming journalists.

The founders of RAD worked on Warcraft 3 and Jak & Daxter, I doubt they want to make movies instead of games. And hey, there's no TV spin-off... Nor does it take "inspiration" from an old, famous tv show..

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
true_fan said:

Once again R@D reaffirms their statements about wanting to make movies using the words "cinematic" "gorgeous" "visually phenomenal". They could have at least used one adjective to describe how fun the game is.

RAD didn't do anything, Sony made the ad and the statements are from gaming journalists.

The founders of RAD worked on Warcraft 3 and Jak & Daxter, I doubt they want to make movies instead of games. And hey, there's no TV spin-off...

I am sure there is at least one review about the game being fun, exciting, action packed, exhiliarating, fun, enjoyable....

PS R@D themselves made the comments about them wanting to do movies and not being overly excited about making games. I did not just make that up.

true_fan said:

I am sure there is at least one review about the game being fun, exciting, action packed, exhiliarating, fun, enjoyable....

PS R@D themselves made the comments about them wanting to do movies and not being overly excited about making games. I did not just make that up.

There are no reviews, the game isn't out, and they already promoted what you said in the player reactions trailer.

Actually yes you just made that up, as RAD never said such a thing. They said that the process was to do world building before moving on to settling on specific gameplay mechanics. A process I fully agree with and wish more developers followed suit. The only foundation necessary needed is to know what type of game it's going to be. In this case, all they had to know was that it was going to be a TPS. The rest could come later. This way the gameplay even ended up benefiting from the lore they created.

20 more days.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

true_fan said:
Roronaa_chan said:

The founders of RAD worked on Warcraft 3 and Jak & Daxter, I doubt they want to make movies instead of games. And hey, there's no TV spin-off...

Actually you did make that up. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
true_fan said:

Thanks for reaffirming this. I love cinematic games so this is a must buy for me. 

PenguinZ said:
Cinematic! Gorgeous! Visually Phenomenal!

Yeah... Not a great trailer if that's all you want to sell your game on.

Depends on the context, actually. This ad is being aired before kickoff and the majority of viewers will be mainstream and casual gamers. Heck, The Order might grab some attention from non-gamers considering yes, it is very cinematic and visually phenomenal. Point being, this is a good trailer for the mainstream/casual audience, not so much for the core audience obviously.

true_fan said:

This.

I always believed that unreleased games should quote reviews written by the developers in the trailers.

.- -... -.-. -..

PieToast said:
true_fan said:

This.

I always believed that unreleased games should quote reviews written by the developers in the trailers.

The Order 1886

Ru Weerasuriya: "It will blow your socks off!"

Andrea Passino: "I flexed my muscles to the rythm of this game's development, look at the result!"

Dana Jan: "By the only studio capable of making people cry in a God of war game!"

"Too much like a movie" 2/10
-IGN

"Graphics too good, doesn't look enough like COD" 1/10
-Edge Magazine

"Too Gory" 2/10
-Gameinformer

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5