By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we ever see a multiplatform Sonic game?

?

Ya, it will happen eventually 27 60.00%

Nope! Hello Angry Birds: Sonic edition! 18 40.00%

Total:45

What happened to PC?, did it die 3000 years ago or something to not be mentioned?, afaik Sega said they were shifting to mobile and PC, there can still be a quality Sonic title within that market, it could go multiplat to both mobile and PC but considering their shift I doubt they'd go to consoles.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Sonic Adventure 3!!

Sonic sells well, its a safe endevour. Its also multiplatform by nature and the nintendo deal is over. Boom sold like dirt but was an exception, its also the worst sonic game in almost a decade, . TBH they should remake sonic colours for PS4/PSVita/X1/PS3/360 and Wii U.

The game is apparently the best sonic game of last gen, I think many ignored it because it came at the end of the wii's life. Add in chao world for fanservice and it'll be an easy seller.

Sonic needs to crawl into a dark space for a few years and leave people to watch fan animations [because that's all Sonic fans do these days] .

And yeah, the worst that could happen is the series going full mobile exclusive. We'll probably see Sonic on consoles again one day.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sonic Boom was next gen as far as Nintendo is concerned. Most companies who are making true next gen games are not willing to port to Nintendo because their sales dont warrant it and it. It would also disrupt their vision for the games visuals.

Right... Right... Good points. Good points. Very relevant, yes. Will we ever see a multiplatform Sonic game, though?

Rephrase that title. Yes, Lost World and Boom have already been multiplatform, and we've seen plenty in the past.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network
Chazore said:
What happened to PC?, did it die 3000 years ago or something to not be mentioned?, afaik Sega said they were shifting to mobile and PC, there can still be a quality Sonic title within that market, it could go multiplat to both mobile and PC but considering their shift I doubt they'd go to consoles.

If it was to become a PC game...keep it off of steam and put it onto Facebook where all the casuals are. If they want PC games to be seen in the same respect as apps they need to be in easy to find places for casuals to see at a proper price.

ExplodingBlock said:

As most of you have heard, Sega is now shifting away from consoles to make mobile games

So, with this, lots of Sonic games are being made for mobile devices

But do you think we will ever see a next gen Sonic game on Wii U+PS4+XB1 (Or just PS4+XB1)?

I have doubts, but I will keep waiting

What says you?

Please stop with this next gen nonsense, it is current gen!

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sonic Boom was next gen as far as Nintendo is concerned. Most companies who are making true next gen games are not willing to port to Nintendo because their sales dont warrant it and it. It would also disrupt their vision for the games visuals.

Right... Right... Good points. Good points. Very relevant, yes. Will we ever see a multiplatform Sonic game, though?

Thats up to Sega if they are willing to up the budget. I doubt they are. They really need to step back. The exclusive deal with Nintendo was really what was best for them. Nintendo can gobble up the cheap to make games because of the old tech. The sales requirements would be lower. The development would have to be funded by another company because Sonic is slipping. Mobile games are the perfect choice for now. If Nintendo was willing to foot the bill i'd make more sonic for them as well, unless Microsoft or Sony did the same. It depends on how important Sonic the Hedgehog is to them. 

Sure!

They're gonna milk their old games again and release them on PSN, eshop and XBLA.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

Thats up to Sega if they are willing to up the budget. I doubt they are. They really need to step back. The exclusive deal with Nintendo was really what was best for them. Nintendo can gobble up the cheap to make games because of the old tech. The sales requirements would be lower. The development would have to be funded by another company because Sonic is slipping. Mobile games are the perfect choice for now. If Nintendo was willing to foot the bill i'd make more sonic for them as well, unless Microsoft or Sony did the same. It depends on how important Sonic the Hedgehog is to them. 

The best thing for sonic right now would be to choose from a few options.

- a full multiplatform release. which is expensive but will sell better than just on wii u though. Truthfully I worry about sonics relevance these days so sale number could be anything.

- a proper mario and sonic crossover which would sell like crazy.

- Let EAD make a sonic game.