By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we ever see a multiplatform Sonic game?

?

Ya, it will happen eventually 27 60.00%

Nope! Hello Angry Birds: Sonic edition! 18 40.00%

Total:45

I honestly hope not... At least with Sega making it.

Sega is better off selling the Sonic IP and having some sort of royalty deal with the purchaser.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I'm pretty sure they had a Sonic game planned to PS4/XBO/Wii U this year.

I found it, here:

That was confirmed fake a looong time ago

ExplodingBlock said:
BraLoD said:

I'm pretty sure they had a Sonic game planned to PS4/XBO/Wii U this year.

I found it, here:

That was confirmed fake a looong time ago

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that was a lie and Sega was just covering up their own ass so that the game wouldn't overshadow Sonic Boom.

Sega will most likely announce a new Sonic game at E3 or close to E3!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Sonic 2006 and Generations if you're talking about excluding Nintendo, Sonic Unleashed for a fully-inclusive game.

Though i do wonder if Sega will bother. They just don't seem to have it in them to ship a Sonic game that isn't rushed or flawed at first pass (i played Lost World, but only after the patch. Haven't touched Sonic Boom), so they probably will just drop to mobile after this, unless the Sonic Boom cartoon is strong enough for them to justify more tie-in games for that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I hope not. They'd screw it up as always.

Blob said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Thats up to Sega if they are willing to up the budget. I doubt they are. They really need to step back. The exclusive deal with Nintendo was really what was best for them. Nintendo can gobble up the cheap to make games because of the old tech. The sales requirements would be lower. The development would have to be funded by another company because Sonic is slipping. Mobile games are the perfect choice for now. If Nintendo was willing to foot the bill i'd make more sonic for them as well, unless Microsoft or Sony did the same. It depends on how important Sonic the Hedgehog is to them. 

The best thing for sonic right now would be to choose from a few options.

- a full multiplatform release. which is expensive but will sell better than just on wii u though. Truthfully I worry about sonics relevance these days so sale number could be anything.

- a proper mario and sonic crossover which would sell like crazy.

- Let EAD make a sonic game.

That would be the best Sonic game since Sonic 3

There will be a PS4/XB1 Sonic game I'd have thought. They just needed to get the Nintendo contract out of the way.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I think we will but whether or not it will be any good is another matter entirely

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Most likely. Sega pumps out sonic game after sonic game. Why stop now?