By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is going to win the January NPD? NPD's TODAY!!!

Which console is going to win the January NPD

XB1 112 21.62%

PS4 406 78.38%

Total:518
Smitethegods said:

Huh?  What facts back up x1 winning?  Walmart and gamestop alone are the majority of retail hardware sales,  and ps4 has been ahead all month.  Your post is not based on facts. Amazon and others as well.  XOne has no shot. 

This is a sales site...... We discuss sales. 

If youre not banned by the time ndp results come in,  fully expect me to gloat if xbox does win it. 

Around the Network
Tamron said:
Smitethegods said:

Huh?  What facts back up x1 winning?  Walmart and gamestop alone are the majority of retail hardware sales,  and ps4 has been ahead all month.  Your post is not based on facts. Amazon and others as well.  XOne has no shot. 

This is a sales site...... We discuss sales. 

If youre not banned by the time ndp results come in,  fully expect me to gloat if xbox does win it. 

Answer my questions,  where will x1 sales come from to off set walmart, amazon,  gamestop..... 

BraLoD said:
Smitethegods said:

Your the type of user who gives this site a bad name.  Avoid all facts and my logic and post based on hopes and wishes.  Year two thus gen ps4 is clearly the front runner even in the US and will win Han,  Feb  March..... And on. Holidays were  temp. 

Actually he made a bet, he wants it to happen so he won't lose it, he have a reason to wish for it, even if it doesn't seem very probable, don't go pulling your gun like this without knowing what are you saying man, people like you are the ones that give bad names to places they go.

You just proved my point.... He is posting on what he wished instead of using I logic reasoning,  which kills good sensible discussion.  Hopes and wishes over facts and logic make for pointless discussion and threads.  

So does flippancy.

BraLoD said:
Tamron said:
So does flippancy.

Thanks for teaching me a new word
Geez, I still have to go and google words here and there...

I aim to please! 

Around the Network
Protendo said:

PS4 has be ahead for most of the month on:
Amazon
Gamestop
Bestbuy
Walmart
Toysrus
Target (Until they also started giving away Madden for free)

But I'm going to say Xbox One because Alfredoturkey said so, and Alfredoturkey will let you know that VGcharts info is fact, and Amazon will be wrong one day.

Warned - Leadified

Really I was moderated for that.  After all the posts everywhere.  Still worth it.

PS4 because the Xbox One was never really full price on Amazon and it never overtook the PS4... So if it didn't overtake PS4 on Amazon... it seems safe to say PS4 won comfortably.

It would be far more interesting if Xbox One won January, but all signs point towards the PS4.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I hope the Xbox One wins because I don't like the no reason negativity i've seen it get around places.

Edit: It's also back to $350 now anyway so that should help a lot.

Tamron said:

Xbox one by around 8, 000 to 15,000, but feb is firmly in ps4s hands.

I don't understand the logic of this post. If Xb one wins Jan by only 8-15K then that's only because of the 13 days the price went up. If Xb one had been $349RRP for the entire month it would have sold more than it did. Therefore if it wins by up to 15K it would have won by more without the price rise. In Feb there will be no temporary price increase, which means Xb one's sales pace will be more consistent. And if Xb one is somewhat more popular than PS4 in January, why won't it be the case in Feb? PS4 does have The Order, but while it is an anticipated game there are no guarantees of greatness and even if it is great it's a new IP and hence will prbably have a fairly slow start.

If Xb one wins January it will probably win Feb. But I don't think it will win January.

Also it seems you aren't buying the VGC numbers for W/E 10 Jan. Because that gives Xb one a lead of over 12K from the first week of the NPD month. And there is no way Xb one, if it was going to win, would only outsell PS4 by another 3K over the remaining 3 weeks of the NPD month.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix