By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Rising 2 teased for PS4 at Taipei Game Show

Zackasaurus-rex said:

Despite how vocal their fans are, Platinum are small potatoes. Sony don't really need anything from them, not that it would hurt.

The "Metal Gear" here has more selling power than the "Platinum" does.

Well i cant deny that.

Around the Network

Nice! Hopefully they are spending some time fixing the original's game flaws with this sequel!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm looking forward to it.

This coupled with the FF VII... ahh... "announcement" for PS4 makes me think Sony is letting Konami, Squenix and probably other Japanese developers be sneaky and funny with their teasers.

.- -... -.-. -..

deskpro2k3 said:
Not sure how I feel about this. Didn't play the first one because I didn't like where the franchise was going with Raiden.

You've got to play Rising 1. Just give it a chance. Trust me you won't regret it :)

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Awesome, i hope kojima makes this and like a stealth game this times.

I hope it;s not exclusive, that would be a major punch in the dick for all the fans out there on PC and Xbox fans alike, you don't just make a multiplat game and then make it exclusive, don't even try to drag Bayo 2 into this because this is a Konami IP, one that's proven success on all the platforms it was released on, there won't be any money troubles of any sort or lack of people "to go to".

If it's a PS4 only exclusive I'll have lost my respect for Platinum as a whole, that and spite towards Sony for moneyhatting because this is something that should be multiplat since it was to begin with, this generation is just serving to divide people more and more.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I think it will be on X1 too

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

HO OH! PG finally bothering making something for PS4!!??

Chazore said:
I hope it;s not exclusive, that would be a major punch in the dick for all the fans out there on PC and Xbox fans alike, you don't just make a multiplat game and then make it exclusive, don't even try to drag Bayo 2 into this because this is a Konami IP, one that's proven success on all the platforms it was released on, there won't be any money troubles of any sort or lack of people "to go to".

If it's a PS4 only exclusive I'll have lost my respect for Platinum as a whole, that and spite towards Sony for moneyhatting because this is something that should be multiplat since it was to begin with, this generation is just serving to divide people more and more.

I can see where you´re coming from but the bolded part is wrong according to vgc. Bayo 1 sold 0.91 on X360 whereas MGR sold less than half of that (0.41). I assume the budget of Bayo and MGR were quite similar so MGR bombed way harder on 360 than bayo did. However it actually sold better on PS3 than Bayo.

So do I want it to be exclusive? I really don´t care as long as it releases on PS4. Do I think it will be exclusive? Definitely! I´m pretty confident it will be a japan console exclusive and a multiplat in the row.

EDIT: What if it was a "without XY´s funding we couldn´t have made this game thus it´s exclusive"-thing? would it still bother you? and why didn´t it bother you with bayo2?

Yup...RO friggin rocked