By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales hammer PS3 in Japan

Found a great chart:

Around the Network

Really shows the wide gulf between the two

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

No games, no gains. Simple.

Who'd have thought the gulf would be so huge 2 years ago?

PS4 said:

No joke, remember when everyone counted nintendo out with the whole suck on my tiny yellow balls.look at em now, I wonder if Microsoft kick themselves in the ass for arrogance/and not uping the ante?

Around the Network
dpmnymkrprez said:
PS4 said:

No joke, remember when everyone counted nintendo out with the whole suck on my tiny yellow balls.look at em now, I wonder if Microsoft kick themselves in the ass for arrogance/and not uping the ante?

You can never count Nintendo out of the running

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

kber81 said:

Funny, I thought the PS3 would sell 5 million without any games.

albionus said:
kber81 said:

Funny, I thought the PS3 would sell 5 million without any games.

atleast thats what ken and fanboys been saying before last christmas...

and the Wii you can say.......no games........tons of system SOLD......tons of profit gain...........

PS3 was the dumbest gamble Sony has ever taken and it serves them right for making such a failure of a system.

Where would the 360 be on this graph?

add me